Neobenedict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jono1250 said:
johnnydaman said:
Jono1250 said:
Ok, so I located the stuff like battle menu. I noticed that a lot of stuff has already been translated to english, is this normal?
Wait so your saying most of the stuff is already translated?!

Well in a/0/1/1 (Contains the images for the fight menu/Model data for battle stages) at least, I can make out what seems to be the battle screen, (in the colours grey and black) all jumbled up and I can make out the words "fight", "Pokemon" and "Run" all in ENGLISH. Here is a screeny.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae72/Jo...ng?t=1284930302
~How'd you get that image up? I can't figure out how to save the a/0/0/1 file as something which the image editor can open.

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbf said:
I guess nobody is listening to me.

I SAID I WILL TRANSLATE IT IF SOMEONE JUST SENDS ME THAT GUIDE TO ROM HACKING.

:/

Bro it'd b a waste of time if we had to wait for You to LEANR then TRANSLATE! not trying to be mean! but why not let someone with far more exp do this! Sure you can still learn they gave u links already if you saw them
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I'm mainly just focusing on translating in-battle stuff. (ex."It's super effective!", "A Critical hit!", "[Trainer] sent out [Pokemon")

And even that's proving to be well beyond my experience level and will likely take some time.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kbf said:

Rom hacking ain't that easy. I wouldn't suggest tackling something like Pokemon with no Knowledge.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
kbf said:

Rom hacking ain't that easy. I wouldn't suggest tackling something like Pokemon with no Knowledge.

That's why I want to learn.

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I blame Nintendo.

How are you going to release a AAA title in Japan and then wait almost an entire year to bring it overseas.

COME ON NINTY, you couldn't multi-task and have a guy jotting down english notes throughout the development process??
laugh.gif
They should know by now how impatient we are.

In all honesty though, I have no idea why localization takes as long as it does. I'm in America, so this doesn't really apply to me, but didn't Brawl come out a year and a half later in Australia?

That's a bit ridiculous.. especially considering they speak English.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
please......someone just post a guide I will do this also but I really need that guide >_

Neobenedict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no visitors to my lonely irc channel?

but could someone explain how to get the files working on the ppr image editor... they don't load for me

Jono1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Neobenedict said:
Jono1250 said:
johnnydaman said:
Jono1250 said:
Ok, so I located the stuff like battle menu. I noticed that a lot of stuff has already been translated to english, is this normal?
Wait so your saying most of the stuff is already translated?!

Well in a/0/1/1 (Contains the images for the fight menu/Model data for battle stages) at least, I can make out what seems to be the battle screen, (in the colours grey and black) all jumbled up and I can make out the words "fight", "Pokemon" and "Run" all in ENGLISH. Here is a screeny.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae72/Jo...ng?t=1284930302
~How'd you get that image up? I can't figure out how to save the a/0/0/1 file as something which the image editor can open.

I just extracted the file and saved it as ".NARC", then I went to image editor and opened that file. In the upper right hand corner of the image aditor is a drop down bar, click that and go to around item 91.

Please note: I have no history with HEX, im 14 years old and figured most of this out by myself, so Im probably not the person to ask too many questions to.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found one on this site for diamond and pearl but I assume that won't work for black and white?

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kbf said:
I found one on this site for diamond and pearl but I assume that won't work for black and white?
No. But again I suggest you learn about NDS ROM Hacking in general (with the link I just gave you) instead of tackling a game. In fact, you should probably start with GBA ROM. These things take patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4