Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Why translate when a game will be out in English? U/EU will be already out and I can tell that you still wont be done with the translation

NarutoFreak said:
God I hate when people start rom translations when the games are coming out in english mostly because they let me down
dry.gif

inb4maplestorytranslation
although it's just really in Korean and wont be in English

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UniqueGeek said:
Poryhack said:
... reusing stuff is only logical.
So is Anti-Piracy, disallowing our backup tools to back it up (entirely, at least)
I really don't know what you're getting at. What makes you think that this game will be significantly different from every other NDS game released so far?

Worst case scenario you're right, but even then I doubt it's so impossible that it won't be figured out in a reasonable amount of time. Challenges attract the most talented reverse engineers.

D

Deleted-236924

I don't think there will be a Black/White translation.
Back when Diamond and Pearl were out in Japan, they weren't fan-translated.
I'm gonna place my bet on that they won't translate Black/White, but will translate the upcoming 3rd version.

Poryhack said:
UniqueGeek said:
Poryhack said:
... reusing stuff is only logical.
So is Anti-Piracy, disallowing our backup tools to back it up (entirely, at least)
I really don't know what you're getting at. What makes you think that this game will be significantly different from every other NDS game released so far?
IR carts. 'nuff said.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it's a doomsday thread O_O

There is no point in translating a game that we know for sure will be out in English.
As for using this game as a practice translation, you'd have better luck with one of the other Pokemon games due to this one most likely not having the right tools when it comes out.

Nintendo will most definitely make getting into this game much harder, which will take longer, by the time we do have tools, I don't think anyone will be interested in translating a game that will take a good while to translate, thus, the English game will be out.

There's really no point in stressing yourself over translating this, but it's your stress, not mine.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
IR carts. 'nuff said.
OK, I'll give you that but we already know that when it comes to dumping ROMs infrared cards work exactly the same as all others. If anti-piracy is implemented at the hardware level it will not have anything to do with the fact that pokemon uses IR cards.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
For starters the game is coming out in US/EU like 6 months after the Japanese release, and secondly there will be enough people doing a translation as it is, no offense but these Pokemon games are what everyone seems to start on and i'm sure much more advance ROM hackers will choose try to translate this to, maybe trying a different game would be better?

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes well, It comes out in English almost 7 months later. And, people have been waiting for B/W for months already. So I definitely can't wait for a translation patch.

dh4m13l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I don't do it because I'm not patient, in fact, I don't need to be patient because I can just play it and read it in Japanese (I've been studying Japanese for 10 years); I wanted to do it for other people, and for academic purposes, you have no idea how much you learn in the translation process. I would then translate it into Spanish, which is my native language, because the Spanish version usually comes out one year or more later, and I believe I can translate the game a lot sooner than that (probably in a couple of months), so this way people who don't speak either English nor Japanese can play it.
Anyway, I will just play it, and most probably I will make some kind of guide for other people to be able to follow the game. Thanks for answering though. Take care.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there's a translation, I don't need anything except a basic attack translation. I have a feeling that I might not like this game.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
I Seriously LMAO when i saw this Thread while looking at the ROM Hacking and Translation Forum.I said WTF are you seriouse the game isnt Out yet.Why not wait till its out then make this Thread.not sure if you get far since it Probably wont have the same effect in Translating Tools as D/P/PL and Hg,SS.Thats what i think at least...

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
I don't get why people waste their time translating games that we know for sure will be released in America less than a year later.
The only games that should be translated are those that will never leave Japan.

just w8 a few months i dunno ev train some guys maybe even try to iv breed from plat/hg/ss for a while so u got a good team when black/white

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't have started this topic
frown.gif
many noobs will come swarming in begging for translations for the games. (When the games are released in Japan, that is.)

The games are sure to be released here so theirs no point. Anyways I'm buying it once it's released (UK English version)
tongue.gif

But if someone opens an "Open translation" you could possibly help.

Andrecito77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kinda the general consensus, Translations to English are STUPID. Sorry to put it so frank and mean but its true. For games like Pokemon, the English version will be out like 1 week afterwards. The only reason I see fit for Rom Text editing is for changing the storyline.

M1dz said:
Learn Japanese

problem solved

I love you
smile.gif
Lol, why is that the first and only post you've made?

D

Deleted-236924

Poryhack said:
Pingouin7 said:
IR carts. 'nuff said.
OK, I'll give you that but we already know that when it comes to dumping ROMs infrared cards work exactly the same as all others. If anti-piracy is implemented at the hardware level it will not have anything to do with the fact that pokemon uses IR cards.
Yes, but people will want to buy the game since the IR features cannot be used on a flashcart.
The only problem is that the only IR feature so far can be used with Wireless or Wi-Fi, so it's kind of useless.
If anything, people will download it rather than buy it, because dumping the save from an IR cart costs $30 at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol