Pokémon BDSP Graphics Discussion

iMaxed0ut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Yes I know I spelled Discussion wrong... I made the typo on my phone and didn't realize...

Wanted to see if other people thought this or felt the same as I on this topic.

Been playing BDSP (specifically Shining Pearl) and have notice a weird fog or glare when walking around the over world. It’s a bit off putting and constantly makes me think my glasses are blurry…

I also noticed some of the models have a weird transition animation. They go from what seems completely frozen and stutter/glitch into motion.

I’ve noticed this on multiple monitors and in both docked and handheld.

Maybe it’s just me, but I wanted to put it out there incase someone else thought the same.

Throaway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also noticed some of the models have a weird transition animation. They go from what seems completely frozen and stutter/glitch into motion.
I don't really know what you mean by this.

weird fog or glare when walking around the over world. It’s a bit off putting and constantly makes me think my glasses are blurry…
But yeah, there's a blur effect for some reason in the edges of the camera, some do like it, some don't care, others find it distracting.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That blur is intentional, to create a tilt-shift effect. They also used it on Link's Awakening and someone made a mod to remove it. Someone will eventually make one for BDSP as well.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
fixed the title typo. im kind.

well my mine should delivered in the next hour. i wear glasses too, i hope its not off putting. I'm looking forward to these games a lot.

iMaxed0ut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Flame ^^

@Throaway They seem to almost skip into motion. When a battle starts I know they are supposed to be static, but the transition from static to motion seems to skip a frame instead of move from static. I’ve also noticed it when a battle starts the frames will freeze slightly then begin the battle and during a cutscene it will freeze slightly, begin the cutscene and then skip back to overworked view for a split second and begin the battle. It’s minor but noticeable. I’ll try to get a video of it if I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1