ROM Hack Pokemon B/W AP Discussion Thread

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know what he means. I get the same 'TextABC' with a whole bunch of Japanese characters. I'm guessing it either means it was already pre-patched, or there's some problem with the coding? Rather than having it ask 'Do you want to make a backup' and giving you the option to click 'OK' it just pops up an error message with a red 'X'

r4ipocketuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xGrAffitix said:
Yeah I know what he means. I get the same 'TextABC' with a whole bunch of Japanese characters. I'm guessing it either means it was already pre-patched, or there's some problem with the coding? Rather than having it ask 'Do you want to make a backup' and giving you the option to click 'OK' it just pops up an error message with a red 'X'

I think it was patched with the for the EXP gain but other then that its clean. I use an r4ipocket that uses TTmenu. Does that help?

defropi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got Pokemon Black Europe patched running on a M3 Real with M3 Sakura 1.49. With the patched version the EXP is working, only when i want to activate cheats the game freezes at startup. any solution(s)?

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4ipocketuser said:
xGrAffitix said:

I think it was patched with the for the EXP gain but other then that its clean. I use an r4ipocket that uses TTmenu. Does that help?

Okay so I figured out the issue I think. I got myself a clean ROM from a totally different place, and used the patcher, and it worked fine. The error message you're seeing I think means it's already patched. If it's patched with anything, it's not a clean ROM at all.

r4ipocketuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xGrAffitix said:
r4ipocketuser said:
xGrAffitix said:

Okay so I figured out the issue I think. I got myself a clean ROM from a totally different place, and used the patcher, and it worked fine. The error message you're seeing I think means it's already patched. If it's patched with anything, it's not a clean ROM at all.

Crap...so what do I do about that?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
r4ipocketuser said:
xGrAffitix said:
r4ipocketuser said:
xGrAffitix said:

Crap...so what do I do about that?
Usually, you get the ROM again, unless you happened to make a reverse patch that turns a patched ROM into a clean one.

incognitob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for this patch
wink.gif

To M3 real / G9 owners (since it was not mentioned in the topic) :

From my own experience, works on M3 real
biggrin.gif

undercoverjamil

Trophies
XP
Country
undercoverjamil said:
undercoverjamil said:
spleenpoker said:
Fishaman P said:
spleenpoker said:
Fishaman P said:
spleenpoker said:
RipOn said:
undercoverjamil said:
Does nobody know what it wrong with my game?
I can't even fight!
Repost of a later post:

Okay here are pictures now.
Somebody help me play PLEASE!
Number 1. I am in battle
dsc00408gl.jpg
dsc00410dl.jpg
Number 2. I select my move
dsc00409zw.jpg
Number 3. This random screen pops up and I can no longer do anything! (Unless I exit by pressing B)
dsc00411rf.jpg
I CANT FIGHT!

I have wood r4 v1.26, on original r4.

I think for some reason my battle buttons are unfunctional.

Do you still have this problem?
Maybe try to use your touch screen.. not the buttons.

*and ps. Your'e pressing A, correct?

I had the same problem with no$gba and the anti ap cheat.
The Japanese AAP cheat? 'Cause that's not region-free.

Nope the (E) AAP Cheat for the clean (E) rom. Both for white version.

Edit: the last picture in the first quote for me isnt the problem actually. The problem is the "fight" button is missing. I assume that happened instead of the freeze?
Ah, are you using a J save? I've heard of that problem happening because people switched their J save over.

Nope not using a J save..

with me it happens and i started fresh. Using european black/white on a eurpepean ds, with wood r4v1.26.
I have no idea why it does that.

Just checked and no other version of the games work either.
The french etc all still have that random screen. Can't be the rom then... What is it? I downloaded wood new, so it can't be that....

i am just wondering if anybody who has gotten it working would upload what they have on their r4 (bare minimum) and send it to me, to see if will work.
PLEASE!

invertedzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For future reference what are the best legit cards to get and which website would you get them from that delivers to UK? Would prefer to get one i have less problems with.

Mark1006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the Ez Flash V and when I boot the game I just get a white screen...Both patched and not patched.Same thing happened with the Jap Rom.Anyone else encouter the same thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s