Pokemon.. Ash no more?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish that they brought in a new protagonist with every new region. That way it would never get old and the gamers would have something to relate to, plus the series wouldn't die when Ash did.

Having not watched the anime since Johto Journeys (in which, I wished that Gold was the main character), I feel that it doesn't affect me all that much anyway.

EDIT:
When reading this thread, the song that played when Ash was going to leave Pikachu was playing in my head. Quite a touching song.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maverick-jin8 said:
The article is wrong. The only thing that is ending is the Diamond & Pearl arc. The original article says nothing about Ash leaving, though Dawn might leave so they can replace her with the Gen V female trainer. It just says that Pokemon DP is coming to an end with the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League coming up, and that the next "series" will follow after, obviously Pokemon Black & White with Ash in whatever region that takes place in. Also that one of the trainers in the Sinnoh League episodes will use a Legendary Pokemon.

Well apparently there is an insider or something who says that they are getting rid of Ash but he will make short cameos every now and then.

Nathanok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The series is about a boy in the pokemon world with his best friend pikachu struggling to be the pokemon master. Until that happens, the series won't end. Nor will the characters change.

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
So the rumours are that Ash, Pikachu and co are to axed from the Pokemon anime. Apparently Black & White are to be a completely new relaunch with completely new characters. Personally I think it'll destroy the Pokemon franchise Ash and Pikachu are the mascots of the franchise.
Source

Poor Pikachu, that used to be like the main character.... I guess its time for a change.
gbasp.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if they did something like: New characters start from Hometown, get Gym Badges, travel, and suddenly meet Ash and the Others, then I don't think it'll destroy it. Maybe?

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Well, if they did something like: New characters start from Hometown, get Gym Badges, travel, and suddenly meet Ash and the Others, then I don't think it'll destroy it. Maybe?

Agreed.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol@peoplesayingashisgone

The original Japanese news story just poses the question "What will be next season?"
ComicAlliance puts their own media spin on it.
Somehow everyone assumes it means new people. (Again, it happens every time)
They get their view clicks.
We get topics like this.
[stupid meme here]

You stick with what makes money. Why else do you think he's there? He's become a globally identifiable character.
Ash/Pikachu is to Pokemans, as Naruto/Saucegay is to Naruto.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles said:
You stick with what makes money. Why else do you think he's there? He's become a globally identifiable character.
agree with that...
Ash + PikaPika = $$$$ and I mean... BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pcygigas said:
I think they should change the people in team rocket as well,
its so retarded that they always blast of at the end.

After it happening in every time, it does get a little boring
wacko.gif

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
Twiffles said:
agree with that...
Ash + PikaPika = $$$$ and I mean... BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol and The show stays on tv

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Matt140 said:
omgpwn666 said:
QUOTE said:
So the rumours are that Ash, Pikachu and co are to axed from the Pokemon anime

Good bye Brock. lol

NOOOOOOOOOOO. *Goes on murderous rampage....*

I doubt this is true though, no matter how strongly I despise Ash. His character is awful now, ever since the voice change.
He was annoying before and after. I stopped watching the show years ago, after the first couple of seasons it got really bad, not to mention it's horribly repetitive and the characters are lame as hell. It's like when they changed Yu-Gi-Oh, the games are junk ever since they brought in all the retarded restrictions and card bans for the games, as well as changing over the characters after the Egyptian God series ended.

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta say I stopped watching the series the episode they changed his hat. he worked so hard for that hat and kept it with him and then his mom gets him a new outfit and he forgets all about it? hated that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo