Trophies
XP
Pokémon Aqua Sapphire

ポケットモンスターアクアサファイア

Game Info
Hack of:
badge-diamond.png

Creator: Team Fail
Remake of Pokémon Sapphire version (GBA)

Storyline
One morning, you go to meet a girl next door and you learn that her father is the local professor. While exploring the town, you hear some shouts and yells from down the road. You go to see that the Professor is being attacked by a Wild Pokémon! A leads to B, and that Professor you saved ends up giving you that Pokémon! With your mom having your back, you set off on your own Pokémon adventure!

On your journey, you will meet friends new and old, and you will end up discovering things that not many people know of... The history of the Hoenn region. In it's flesh and blood.

Pokémon Aqua Sapphire is a remake of the Hoenn region using the fabulous Nintendo DS engine! Re-live all your favourite moments in the Hoenn region in 3D!

Videos

Yes. Desmume's lag allowed me to TAS that menu. It is also slightly outdated.

This is almost complete, minus music. That needs to be sequenced, looped and inserted.

This is a test for a new script. I'm leaving it for speculation.

For all of you that thought it was Lyra, you're sooooo wrong.

Awards
None yet!

Releases
(Beta V1): Not yet. Unknown release date as of yet. Possibly August.

Beta V1 will contain a playable demo of Littleroot Town. It is currently unknown what content this beta will and will not have, because the certainty of some of the content is up in the air.

To-Do's
Well, there is a small list. So, let's get started.
-Music: I am getting remixes together, but I need looping to be done (If you want to, you can apply!). Other than that, music is pretty much covered, besides one song. Once I get to music, I want to hold a contest for that.
-Sprites: I have someone getting these done. Look in the credits for who.
-Graphics: Same as above
-Scripts: I have that covered mostly.
-Trainers: This is where you come in. Once I can have more access to edited maps, I want to have a small contest. I won't start it yet, but once it is done, I want to have all of you in the Battle Tower.

What is remaining?
-Implementing Rival's house, lab, and some more home scripts.
-Music
-Graphics
-Silly typos and fixing textboxes

Screenshots!
bannerfq.png
apology.png
infonp.png
notforsalescreen.png
versioninfo.png
enjoyu.png
mom1g.png
twinleaftownfinal.png
npc1l.png
npc2h.png
npc3i.png
newintropkmn.png

Music
What's On TV?
Littleroot Town
Rival's Battle
Welcome to the World of Pokémon!

User Banners
Er08d.png

-Courtesy of Pink Typhlosion
D1Mze.png

-Courtesy of Pink Typhlosion
user274758pic5823713118.png

-Courtesy of Tan and Teal

Team
Team Fail- Mapping, scripting, sequences and (some) graphics
Innovator- Graphics
giradialkia- Support

Credits
Link_971 for his astounding map editor, and for helping me with what it couldn't do.
Innovator for graphics and sprites.
SCV for the most amazing PPRE.
Rin Okumura for posting this on PHO's front-page news!
Nintendo for the wonderful base and graphics.
kimba616 for the public Kris sprites
Me for making this.

Let me know if I am missing someone.

FAQ
Q: WHEN IS THERE A RELEASE!??!?!
A: Please don't rush me. DS Hacking is much harder than it looks, especially when it comes to music and maps.

Q: How will you implement Dive?
A: I am stuck between 2 options: Marine Cave, or ASM/Tile permissions. I will decide when the time arises.

Q: What do you mean by "Friends new and old?"
A: We'll see about that... I can tell you this much: It's going to tie up a loose end in the series.

Closing Notes
I am wanting to make this hack and I have been planning it since last year, so I think it's about time I presented it to the community. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE LINEAR to the original games. I hope to have this released soon. Keep a sharp eye out here!

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Team Fail,you Should Try to Make all of the Starters Catchable Somewhere in Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova,Minus the Unova Starters as they Don´t Happen to be in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

D

Deleted-273695

Could help if Diamond hacking is similar to Black hacking.
Also, is the map editor hard to use?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Maninder said:
Are you planning to change the starter Pokemon's? I have never played Pokemon Sapphire Version, so what are the starters normally?
Yes, I am. Since I am releasing a stripped-down demo, you will get all three to play with.

Dan Kuso said:
Team Fail,you Should Try to Make all of the Starters Catchable Somewhere in Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova,Minus the Unova Starters as they Don´t Happen to be in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
I might try that.

ihackedit said:
Could help if Diamond hacking is similar to Black hacking.
Also, is the map editor hard to use?
The map editor didn't really help me. I got in direct contact with him and got offsets for everything, and did it in a hex editor. It certainly wasn't easy.

QUOTE(chris888222 @ Jul 25 2011, 07:17 AM)
One question,

why don't you guys hack based on Platinum rather than Diamond/Pearl?

Anyway, good luck!
Because I wanted to do it based on Sapphire, and it never had a battle frontier. I want to keep close, but not exactly, to the originals.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also Team Fail,could you try to give Other Seconday Types to the Evolved Starters,such an Example would be.

Infernape - Types: Fire/Dragon
Torterra - Types: Grass/Ice
Empoleon - Types: Water/Fighting

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Dan Kuso said:
Also Team Fail,could you try to give Other Seconday Types to the Evolved Starters,such an Example would be.

Infernape - Types: Fire/Dragon
Torterra - Types: Grass/Ice
Empoleon - Types: Water/Fighting
I don't plan on changing any Pokemon's typing to ensure compatibility with other games, such as Heart Gold or Pokémon Battle Revolution.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pokefun said:
Wow this looks good
biggrin.gif
but why didn't you use Heart gold or soul silver as the rom to hack?
Because of the existence of the battle frontier. He wanted it to follow the original sapphire as much as possible.

I can't wait to see what this game offers.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya know, it makes me happy to see experienced gba pokemon hackers working with ds games! (im link491 on pho) it makes me even happier to see that your hacking a game that actually has a map and script editor! and not hg/ss, or b/w...
i will definitely play this when a beta is released!

Savage68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail, you may have figured this out already, but Dan Kuso makes a lot of meritless posts. I'd ignore him if I were you.

Anyways, good luck. Sounds like a bright idea.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
link491 said:
ya know, it makes me happy to see experienced gba pokemon hackers working with ds games! (im link491 on pho) it makes me even happier to see that your hacking a game that actually has a map and script editor! and not hg/ss, or b/w...
i will definitely play this when a beta is released!
Well, the map editor isn't polished too much yet. It was mostly hex.
QUOTE(Savage68 @ Jul 25 2011, 12:44 PM) Team Fail, you may have figured this out already, but Dan Kuso makes a lot of meritless posts. I'd ignore him if I were you.

Anyways, good luck. Sounds like a bright idea.
Kinda noticed.
tongue.gif

And thanks. I have had it on my mind for the last few months and I thought I should try scripting it all out and it seems to be working! xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo