Pokémon 20th Anniversary - Meloetta Event!

250px-648Meloetta.png

The Meloetta event is live!
Happy holidays! In honor of Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, Game Freak has been having several events throughout the year where they've been distributing rare Pokemon. The year is coming to a close, and so are the events. Now's your last chance to fill up your 'dex with rare pokemon!

From now to December 24th you can claim your own Meloetta for XYORAS. Luckily, this one is being distributed via WiFi! Just use the mystery gift the the Pokémon is yours!

Until next time Pokémon masters!

Passed legendary events in 2016:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Darkrai
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Genesect
Keldeo

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
And i have PKHEX and i have unlimited :P
Personally, while I could easily do that too, I don't think it would be fun anymore. To me the point is to try to catch them all (and name them all). The games aren't particularly challenging so I can't imagine it would be as interesting if you can have any single pokemon at any level with any moves at any time.

Reactions: kineticUk

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, while I could easily do that too, I don't think it would be fun anymore. To me the point is to try to catch them all (and name them all). The games aren't particularly challenging so I can't imagine it would be as interesting if you can have any single pokemon at any level with any moves at any time.
Well, as soon as i complete a game I backup the save, then replay with cheats for fun.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the case of the MEW gamestop event, it was almost impossible to find a code, I went from Milwaukee to Chicago and then west threw Madison WI and not one game stop had a code.

Ericzander

OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
In the case of the MEW gamestop event, it was almost impossible to find a code, I went from Milwaukee to Chicago and then west threw Madison WI and not one game stop had a code.
Totally agree. I had a hell of a time also. What some people were discussing earlier were getting Mew in R/B/Y using the glitches and then trading it over to Sun/Moon when it's released.

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree. I had a hell of a time also. What some people were discussing earlier were getting Mew in R/B/Y using the glitches and then trading it over to Sun/Moon when it's released.
Im kinda thinking that the game is going to recognize its glitched because you can't trade it game to game now from what I hear.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Im kinda thinking that the game is going to recognize its glitched because you can't trade it game to game now from what I hear.

Except, how will it "recognize it is glitched"

Given that it is captured properly, rather than "just appearing" as per other types of glitches,

it may very well as seen as 'legit'.

of course, if non JPN doesn't get any VC mews, don't think about getting it imported across.

ALSO,
they could easily make it only transferable if the held item match, or other flags..

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except, how will it "recognize it is glitched"

Given that it is captured properly, rather than "just appearing" as per other types of glitches,

it may very well as seen as 'legit'.

of course, if non JPN doesn't get any VC mews, don't think about getting it imported across.

ALSO,
they could easily make it only transferable if the held item match, or other flags..
Because mew doesn't appear in the wild of RBY and the capture location of mew isn't a legitimate location

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also no glitched catch is tradeable threw the rby vcs so if they arent tradeable in the old tech, would you really think they would be in gen 7? Best bet is to get a mew in xy oras and save it.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Because mew doesn't appear in the wild of RBY and the capture location of mew isn't a legitimate location

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also no glitched catch is tradeable threw the rby vcs so if they arent tradeable in the old tech, would you really think they would be in gen 7? Best bet is to get a mew in xy oras and save it.

If I recall correctly, no capture location Mechanic exists in Gen I, hence denying your point.

Yup, I would agree that capture rate (item in Gen ii) would be the easiest indictator, though there are glitches in Gen I that can manipulate that.
Heck, all data can be easily manipulated on Gen I.

They explicitly said that pokebank transfer will not work for XYORAS, only SM

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my emunand last night to try this, but when I tried to mystery gift, all I got were messages saying "no gifts found".

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could always get someone to trade you a pumped up version of the Celebi.

So, question about "cloning". If you get this, then use SaveDataFiler to backup your save, then trade it to someone, then restore your save...will that cause either (or both) of them to be flagged as hacked?

Ericzander

OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I updated my emunand last night to try this, but when I tried to mystery gift, all I got were messages saying "no gifts found".
Stop being such a newb Bortz!

But really, I'm on RX 10.6 and I just now got around to doing it and it worked like a charm on every version. If it helps, all of my games have the latest patches and I'm not using Tubehax DNS at the moment (using open wifi).

Edit: Actually,my Pokemon Y is NOT patched and it still worked for me.

Reactions: BORTZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)