Suggestion Pokeball Plus Mew Emptier?

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by helloimbeca, Nov 17, 2018.

1. helloimbeca
    OP

helloimbeca Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    So I bought a Pokeball Plus not knowing you needed an internet connection and switch online to get Mew. Contrary to current popularity, I dont give a flying fuck about Mew, what I do give a flying fuck about, however, is the stroll feature. You are unable to use the stroll feature at all until you take Mew out. I am CDN banned, so I cant do this. Is there any way around this, and if not, would someone be able to develop a patch for this issue?

Kubez and Memoir like this.
  2. Sintrial09

Sintrial09 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    God I need this!

Kubez likes this.
  3. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    bought expensive controller to play with on crippled banned console lmao

4. TheNerdWIzard

TheNerdWIzard GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    I don't believe you need switch online to receive mew from the poke ball plus

5. krazyblunts

krazyblunts Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2018
    United States
    to add to this question, are we able to trade, play with friends if im running reinx and xci files? thanks.

6. RhinoBike

RhinoBike Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Canada
    Just don't go online. You can play with others using a local connection (There's the option in game).
    You do need an online connection in order to take mew out.

I think the easiest way to empty your pokeball atm is to find a friend with an unhacked switch and give your mew to your friend.

7. Hoggy

Hoggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sadly none of my friends play pokemon so I have no-one to even give away mew. If only there was a way to trick the pokeball that mew had been redeemed

Kubez likes this.
  8. RhinoBike

RhinoBike Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Canada
    I'm reaching here, but maybe a local game store has a demo switch? I don't know how the conversation would go though. "Hey, can I just give your demo account my Mew? I hate that it looks like one of those Sphynx naked scrotum cats"

9. TheNerdWIzard

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    I didn't say anything about not needing an online connection. I we talking about the online subscription, the 20 dollar a year thing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/pokeballplus.shtml

10. RhinoBike

RhinoBike Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Canada
    Ooohh you guys meant "Switch Online", not Switch "online" as in the status of being online. Gotcha.

TheNerdWIzard likes this.
  11. TheNerdWIzard

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, OP was saying both are needed, which isn't the case, so he should be able to take Mew out himself

12. Hoggy

Hoggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Haha I did think about doing that. Unfortunately the demo switch didn't have pokemon lets go on it so was unable to get rid of the damn thing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can't if you are banned. It just says that online services are restricted by nintendo when trying to redeem mew. So even though you don't need the switch online subscription to redeem, you can't redeem if your switch is banned.

13. RhinoBike

RhinoBike Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Canada
    Okay it is true that Switch Online is not needed. However, in order to get Mew out, you still need your Switch to go online and connect to your Nintendo Account in order to open the mystery gift from a pokeball plus. It's a convoluted system, and strange because you can even connect Pokemon Go to your Switch using just Bluetooth but Nintendo opted to be more secure I guess.

14. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Still no further forward with this then, got my plus today and just want that bloody mew out!! :hateit:

15. B0undarybreaker

B0undarybreaker Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    United States
    I think the main reason they're doing it like this is to prevent hacking in Mews.

16. helloimbeca
    OP

helloimbeca Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    You already can easily hack in Mew thru PKHex though.

17. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    Lol that’s the reason I bought a second one.

GizmoTheGreen likes this.
  18. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Huh, wonder if that might work. The Nintendo Switch Holiday Experience is going on currently and from what I've experienced, there are two Pokemon Let's go stations that are usually empty. If the staff member doesn't mind, you could probably pull it off. Then again, I went there for smash with only one station and a packed line.

19. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    People on GBATemp aren't the brightest.

GizmoTheGreen likes this.
  20. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    to be on topic, it seems you can easily sync the pokeball plus with your android phone(and iphone?) for use with pokemon GO. so, just like dumping and editing the memory with the joycons, I bet someone could figure out how to edit the information in the pokeball plus.

perhaps editing the experience gained when taking a pokemon for a "walk" as well hehe.

Kubez and andyhappypants like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted