PO'D About Pokemon X And Pokemon Y!

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might as well and Delete this... I didn't mean for people to get so hyped up about this... It was a my mistake! an Immature one!

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's funny people think that the Pokemon fanbase is mature.

There's still a pretty large appeal to kids there.

NBTvw.jpg

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
...At least they're not marketing to the older demographic.
They do market it to the older demographic too, Masada told us to tell our friends, family and colleague at the office about the announcement after all. It's a game for anyone, accessible but deep if you want it to be.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally play Pokemon for nostalgia sake, I'm 21. None of my younger siblings,cousins or relatives play Pokemon, they actually refer it to an easy kids game. Most 10 year olds would rather spine-rip someone in Mortal Kombat than catch a weedle

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw that image on Reddit a few days ago.

I still thought it was just stupid and it's also on r/gaming which is full of the dumbest little shits on the internet next to r/atheism.

dat rage. Picture is hilarious and true. Mostly true, anyway. Since pokemon's target audience is kinda half and half.

mbcrazed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally play Pokemon for nostalgia sake, I'm 21. None of my younger siblings,cousins or relatives play Pokemon, they actually refer it to an easy kids game. Most 10 year olds would rather spine-rip someone in Mortal Kombat than catch a weedle
Exactly! Play it for the greatness of what it is!

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I saw that image on Reddit a few days ago.

I still thought it was just stupid and it's also on r/gaming which is full of the dumbest little shits on the internet next to r/atheism.

Yeah, I've seen some sub reddits that make 4chan look like the crowning jewel of the internet.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I just have one complaint: the new Pokemon. :/ Everything else looks so artsy, different, and more developed.
But the Pokemon shown... The art style is really different and chibi-ish or I don't know how to describe it... Meshed with the old Pokemon it looks strange.

D

Deleted_171835

Pokemon has appeal to both kids and adults. Nothing wrong with either age group playing it.

They're just hidden variables that people who enjoy ruining how the game is meant to be played discovered in an attempt to think Pokemon could be "competitive" or has "legitimate tournament play".
Well aren't you arrogant. First you dismiss the Smash Bros (Melee) competitive scene and now Pokemon.

Quit crying.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems to be a bunch of gamers talking about games they like, at least to me. But to each his own.

Basically it's broken down like this:
  • LOOK AT THIS NOSTALGIA posts. Most of the "Anyone remembers THIS GEM????" shit or "This was my childhood" shit. Just obnoxious, no one played your shit games.
  • The Flavor of the Week Karma Train. Basically whatever game was recently popular people just milk karma from it. Most recently it was Far Cry 3.
  • Le memes with le video games. Just shit memes cropped badly into a video game context. Mostly the "Good Guy X" or "Scumbag Y" posts. Not funny.
  • People with no life making boring fanart or people with no life stealing other people's fan art and posting it for karma.
In video form:

Well aren't you arrogant. First you dismiss the Smash Bros (Melee) competitive scene and now Pokemon.

Quit crying.

Oh god you actually think Pokemon has a legit competitive scene.

Oh god.

oh god

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just seems to be a bunch of gamers talking about games they like, at least to me. But to each his own.

Unfortunately, no. The problem is, with Reddit's voting system and the huge amount of members, it devolves into an endless circlejerk. Most of the posts end up as "Does anyone remember *popular title from the last ten years*?" "Look what I found in my basement?" "Down with EA/Ubisoft/Unpopular publisher of the moment/etc." "Hey, let's enjoy the humor in this game by rehashing the jokes endlessly!" etc.

It's for comedy, sure, but this video captures it all pretty well:

EDIT: And looks like Guild beat me to it. Huh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone