Pocket Monsters Pikachu on Lameboy

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ammako, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ammako
    OP

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I've noticed the japanese version of Pokémon Yellow doesn't work that well on Lameboy.
    When I load the rom, I just get a black screen, but the sound still works.
    If I turn off SGB mode, it will work.

I've tried the v1.0 and the v1.2 release of the rom, but didn'T try the v1.1 yet.

If the problem can't be solved, I have downloaded the v0.9 release of Lameboy, which doesn't support SGB, so it works just well.

2. epicCreations.or

epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2010
    United States
    Austin, TX
    Hmm, I've never tried the Japanese version out on LameBoyy. Maybe I should give it a go. I noticed though that Lameboy doesn't support the epic Pikachu noises though, as almost no emulators do. The only way I get to hear his sweet annoying voice is when I play the real cartridge on my Game Boy Player [​IMG]

3. Ammako
    OP

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I think emulators on the PC are supposed to emulate the voice properly.
    But it doesn't really matter, though. I bought the game from Play-Asia last friday.
    And really, I think I could pass hearing "Pikachu!" all the time, so it doesn't bother me.
    I'm going to trade the Pikachu to Green so I can evolve it into Raichu anyway.

I fixed all my problems with the SGB mode.
    What I do is that I keep Lameboy v0.9 and v0.12 on my card at the same time.
    Since v0.9 doesn't support SGB, it ensures that I will play in black-and-white.

I use v0.12 for the other games.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just suddenly started working properly for some reason :wtf: