ROM Hack [POC] Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus Hacking

ObsidianB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find 00000004.sarc? That's not a file in Rhythm Tengoku. Also, add -v and -d if you want it to spit out a bunch of fun debug info.

ObsidianB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation:

Extract ROMFS:
3dstool -x -t romfs -f rhythmtengoku.romfs --romfs-dir romfs

Use my SARC tool on the zlib file to extract it to the current directory. It will decompress the zlib and extract the archive in one pass. You should have files like "messages/pajama.zlib" and "layout/title.zlib" to decompress.

KamekSans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, it turns out it DID extract the .sarc file, I just wasn't looking hard enough. Whoops :y

I tried running the converter, but it threw out an error, which I had to download numpy for, and then THAT threw out an error, and I had to download cython. I had no idea this would be so complicated (assuming I'm doing it right)...

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to see what I can find in the cellanim folder, and when I extract from the sarc file, All I find are CTPK and BCCAD files. Does anybody know what those file types are?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I'm trying to see what I can find in the cellanim folder, and when I extract from the sarc file, All I find are CTPK and BCCAD files. Does anybody know what those file types are?
I guess it's a little late for that, but ctpk files store the sprites used in most of the minigames (you can use ctpktool.exe to convert them to png and vice versa) and bccad files probably store information about how the game is supposed to properly handle those sprites (or animate them). I can say for sure that the bccad files sadly don't contain the order of ingame actions. That would have been cool, because it might have allowed for custom minigames featuring different patterns and song lengths. I'll share my knowledge so far in a future thread to make it easier for those interested in hacking the game get as much out of it as possible. And hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of a few remaining mysteries together.

Danne2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to get the sound effects out of those bcgrp files? Seems like we have everything else out and those bcgrp files seem like they're holding the individual sound effects. Would be nice to get those out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: somebody wanna play chess with me?