Hacking Poblem with saves !

its-my-right

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all, I am French so sorry for my bad English.
I just receive my EZ flash V, and I try a lot of things, but there is still a problem with saves:

Indeed, I read that a file name "savelist..." must be on the micro sd, in "shell" folder.I put the last version in.
But when I launch games, if I save, turn of the Ds, and re launch the game, there is no save...
I tried to change the saves settigns for each file, and for example:

Tony Hawk diwnhill Jam was "2m flash", and I put "512k eeprom", I saved, turn off the ds, re launch the EZ, and do you know what ? the setting save for this game was again "2m flash, and not the "512k eeprom" I had put...
frown.gif
but I rechanged it, relaunched the game and...the save had work ! so I think it is the "512k eeprom" I have to put for this game. But now my question is: Why do I have to change the save settings to "512 k eeprom" when launching the game ? Can not it save itself that is that save format I want for this game ? because it is pretty anoying...

Thanks a lot to you !
wink.gif

roflmywaffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get the European version? If so, when did it come out? It might need to be added to the savelist.

EDIT 2: OK, editing again. Try this modified version of the savelist. If that works, then I'll have Cory1492 (the author) correct it.

I noticed that the US release (earlier in the list) had a 512k savetype, and the European release had a 2m savetype (which would cause your problem).

EDIT 3: Another edit. Cory1492 has fixed the error and has uploaded the savelist himself. You'll see your name in the "User supplied fixes" section.
biggrin.gif
\

That should fix your problem.

its-my-right

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, thanks a lot to you, it works now !
But same problem with Opera web browser (E) and Metroid Pinball (U), I do not konw which save settings are good bu I know that those on the list are not good. Is Cory1492 the only one able to modify the ezlist ? Or can we modify it by ourself ? thanks a lot !

roflmywaffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks a lot to you, it works now !
But same problem with Opera web browser (E) and Metroid Pinball (U), I do not konw which save settings are good bu I know that those on the list are not good. Is Cory1492 the only one able to modify the ezlist ? Or can we modify it by ourself ? thanks a lot !

Hmm, whats the current savetype, 2mb or 4mb? There are two separate entries for the DS Browser (two regions), and one is 2m, the other 4m. 4m works for me...

The save type on the list (4k) for Metroid Prime Pinball APPEARS to be correct. Several sites list that. If you want to change the savetype manually, press (L+X OR L+Y) to modify the size until you find one that works.

You can modify the savelist yourself by dragging onto a program, which can be obtained here.

EDIT: OK, the official save for the Opera Browser is 2M, one of the releases has 4M. However, since both are flash savetypes, the saving mechanism is the same. (So, a 4M save for a game that uses a 2M save shouldn't have ANY problems). Is yours different? I see the Opera Browser (E) is in the 500s for release #, and we're in the 1100's now...

Also, the 4k save size on Metroid Prime Pinball is correct for the (U) release (as well as (E)). Is that what your EZ Flash says now?

Cory1492 clarified both of these, and the current savetypes for those two games appear to be correct. You might also want to try getting new ROM images, if your download was corrupted, that could contribute to save problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1