pNES - Portable NES Emulator

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey all. Just wanted to share this. I hardly understand how to edit these things but since I didn't like the default big_preview (4.4) look so I tweaked them a tiny bit. Didnt like the blue color on both sides of the boxart and the no image logo clipping out, etc as I scrolled so I just modified a couple things to change the background and border colors to the grey so it blends in better. Ive added a pic to show what I mean. I am a 100% noob at these things so hope I was allowed to post it like this. My changes made both pnes and psnes use the same color scheme as I just copy pasted the config files. If you like it then just grab it here. Cheers.
Just out of curiosity: Do the NES previews work for you when you switch to favourites?

DeepakCG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thanks for this great emulator, works great on my switch...

I am in SX OS and why is that the pNES & pSNES image dont showup on SX OS ? it is completely blank.. the same works fine on Homebrew menu

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey all. Just wanted to share this. I hardly understand how to edit these things but since I didn't like the default big_preview (4.4) look so I tweaked them a tiny bit. Didnt like the blue color on both sides of the boxart and the no image logo clipping out, etc as I scrolled so I just modified a couple things to change the background and border colors to the grey so it blends in better. Ive added a pic to show what I mean. I am a 100% noob at these things so hope I was allowed to post it like this. My changes made both pnes and psnes use the same color scheme as I just copy pasted the config files. If you like it then just grab it here. Cheers.

Friend @Mattdabratt23 , could you make the two Pnes,Psnes background black instead of gray? ...
Many thanks.

Last edited by Lineacero,

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Made some custom icons for PSNES, PFBA and PNES.
Make sure your file location for each is in their file location respectively beforehand.
/Switch/pnes/pnes.nro
/Switch/pfba/pfba.nro
/Switch/psnes/psnes.nro

Gj2KG7e.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aITTRQ4YcIUv98Gx1zXH61svPfn9lZB/view?usp=sharing

V358i7i.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OjUKmaqCziJRiK7paMugpWZxMJuqtW4Z/view?usp=sharing

zN39I9Y.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQffoDkgjVWhFbolvR9mBGDfBgZNZfNw/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by DerekGeneric831,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think PSNES/PNES are dead. I can't use it on my latest FW because D-Pad is now not responsive at all with the latest FW. :(

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you getting white screen with the latest firmware

No, I can see my games just fine but I just said that I cannot used D-Pad.. There is no movement for up down left and right where I want to select the games. Before the latest FW, I was able to. To the latest FW, I cannot do anything. Can't let me select the games because D-Pad doesnt responsive.

I reported the problems at his github.. never replying from him and even in here. He is silent even I see several people asked him. He didnt answered "OUR" questions. :(

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I can see my games just fine but I just said that I cannot used D-Pad.. There is no movement for up down left and right where I want to select the games. Before the latest FW, I was able to. To the latest FW, I cannot do anything. Can't let me select the games because D-Pad doesnt responsive.

I reported the problems at his github.. never replying from him and even in here. He is silent even I see several people asked him. He didnt answered "OUR" questions. :(
Strange my switch is on 10.2.0 the best fw atm only my opinion and works fine
But a friend of mine is on 11.0.1 but gets a white screen any ideas

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange my switch is on 10.2.0 the best fw atm only my opinion and works fine
But a friend of mine is on 11.0.1 but gets a white screen any ideas

I had 10.0.0 and works fine too. I go to FW 11.0.0 (not 11.0.1) and I can see the list of my SNES roms but I cannot move with D-Pad at all. Can't select them. The same for pNES too.

Only the developer can resolve it. Without him here, we can't do anything. He is quiet. Maybe he gave it up,

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had 10.0.0 and works fine too. I go to FW 11.0.0 (not 11.0.1) and I can see the list of my SNES roms but I cannot move with D-Pad at all. Can't select them. The same for pNES too.

Only the developer can resolve it. Without him here, we can't do anything. He is quiet. Maybe he gave it up,

That's odd.. I'm on the latest FW with latest CFW atmosphere and all my homebrew works completely fine including PFBA, PNES, PSNES.
Have you tried replacing your CFW files? Or adding new sigpatches?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd.. I'm on the latest FW with latest CFW atmosphere and all my homebrew works completely fine including PFBA, PNES, PSNES.
Have you tried replacing your CFW files? Or adding new sigpatches?

If I am on 11.0.0 then my new sigpatches (fusee-primary for new sigpatches) works with Super Mario 3D World. Whats the difference ? My homebrew works fine included retroArch too. And my melonDS standalone works fine too.

Only standalone for pSNES and pNES have an issues. My pSNES and pNES runs fine but I can't use my "D-Pad".

Do you understand what is D-Pad ? Its Up, Down, Left, and Right directional so I can select my games but I can't.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: Prb

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I am on 11.0.0 then my new sigpatches (fusee-primary for new sigpatches) works with Super Mario 3D World. Whats the difference ? My homebrew works fine included retroArch too. And my melonDS standalone works fine too.

Only standalone for pSNES and pNES have an issues. My pSNES and pNES runs fine but I can't use my "D-Pad".

Do you understand what is D-Pad ? Its Up, Down, Left, and Right directional so I can select my games but I can't.

I know what a D-pad is lol.
I've tried the standalone emulators within Hbmenu using full ram access and without.. aswell as from a forwarder.. I don't seem to have the Dpad issue you're referring to.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anybody else confirm 11.0.1 is fully working with pfba
Not that I don't believe you as no reason not to just
Interested in seeing if anybody else got it running
Tbh the info is not for me as I said I'm actually on 10.2.0

Uploading a video now to prove it.
My theme for my switch settings menu makes it hard to read so I even zoomed in and also checked all my Pfba, PNES and Psnes.

Reactions: Prb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: