Gaming plz sign this petition

triclopzx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would have signed the petition if the remake was on the 360 or PS3 which theres a million of them. But like most people say it wont happen. Hey I want a Legend of Dragoon Remake but it aint gonna happen.

If I worked at SE things would be different oh well.

Good luck with the petition though.
rolleyes.gif

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
You do realise that Sony own the rights to FF7 right? Squeenix can only remake up to FF6 because they were on the NES/SNES. Just like the Halo DS Rumor, if they try to co-operate, they'll only fail.

Why do people keep saying that? Sony didn't even publish it in Japan. It was also released for the PC.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Everyone does not love Final Fantasy VII.

I do however, I thought it was a great game. I felt it had a wonderful storyline, lots of side quests, I loved how the linking of spells worked.

It was just a great game IMO.

(Tho I don't want it to be remade, it was perfect in 1997 and that is where it should stay. I want to remember it for being great, I don't want them to remake it and risk having it lose its magic).

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
At least I know some people still believe in god-damned online petitions, although I never actually heard an online petition caused something in gaming industry

FF7DS might pour some money for SE but I don't think it will be enough to motivate them.

Oh, and I'm not signing it, too much work

Edit: also, Wii'd it's not everyone doesn't love FFVII it's not everyone loves FFVII......

kinda makes the meaning a little warped....

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I_Got_Wii'D said:
I hate to burst that bubble you own....but.

There is ZERO chance in hell that SE is going to release FFVII on the DS. I mean really, it is a PS exclusive, and Sony is NOT going to let that happen.

Honestly, you have a better chance of getting it on the PS3. It will NEVER be on the DS ever (and you can quote me on that)

Dude it's also for the PC it's not a PS Exclusive

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
just like I_Got_Wii'D mentioned,even if SE they do have the intention to remake ff7 ~!
it would be wiser for them to have it on PS3, Xbox~!
and
it will be ridiculous to put such game in DS~! and i doubt DS will have the capability to run the game~!

just imagine.. SE already having hard time on DQ9 for DS~! As they claimed that it is difficult and challenging to materialise some of the concepts due to the limitations of DS~!

No way i will sign
tongue.gif
sorry guys

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So..Many...Stupid..Posts. Must...Not..Be...Rude.. : (

Was going to pick this thread a part and flame every stupid post made in this thread (and there are alot, that is for sure.) But now i am in too good of a mood to flame, so consider yourself lucky!

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:
1. You would need to compress the everloving SHIT out of it to fit on DS
2. Final Fantasy 7 isn't very good by today's standards
3. Why not put it on a system that could improve it, like the PS3, Xbox360 or even the PSP?
4. Petitions do nothing, especially from pirates.

Let me put it this way.

We got the original game
We got some crappy snowboarding game
We got some PS2 sequel
We got a full-length CGI movie
We got a prequel
We got some cell-phone games
WHAT THE FUCK MORE DO YOU WANTYour forgetting the anime movie and the new book about cloud or some shit.

Posts merged

QUOTE(KendoKhan @ Dec 4 2008, 10:55 AM) my picks for remakes over a FF7 remake

Super Mario RPG
Terranigma/Soul blazer Series
just straight ports would do

and non squinx remakes

a new side scroll Donkey Kong country with Mario&Luigi Super Star Graphics
an other 2d Metroid please or reamke metroid 2 from gb
a port of castlevania Symphony of the Night or remake of super castlevania 4
mega man 1-9 with mega man 7-8, 8bit remakes in 3 game sets
biggrin.gif

an new blaster master 2d game
and a super adventure island remake or mario allstars type set
a gba graphics remake of legend of zelda 1-2 nes with updated story line/mode for part 1 maybe a town and new dungeons?
Tecmo Wrestling remake
biggrin.gif

a punch-out, super punch out 2 pack
a new sonic collection for ds
and breath of fire 3,4, and dragon quarter remake ported over to the ds
Sorry for double posting but i thought super castlevania 4 was already a remake?

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
At least I know some people still believe in god-damned online petitions, although I never actually heard an online petition caused something in gaming industry

FF7DS might pour some money for SE but I don't think it will be enough to motivate them.

Oh, and I'm not signing it, too much work

Edit: also, Wii'd it's not everyone doesn't love FFVII it's not everyone loves FFVII......

kinda makes the meaning a little warped....

I noticed that, but I was (am) fried, so I could not be bothered to fix it. Either way tho.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technical-wise: Due to the game being Chock Full of movies, you'd either have to remove them completely or remake all of them using in-game Cutscenes, which would be quite mediocre. The game also uses slightly more realistic looking characters than any of the previous Final Fantasy games, in-game graphics wise, so putting them in the Chibi-style of the previous two DS Final Fantasys would probably get alot of anger.

Another reason is just the fact that it was the main switch to Playstation and it being such a ground-breaking title for it's time means that Square Enix would be giving the biggest F-U to Sony if they were to bring it to the DS, instead of the PSP, due to it being such a title to closely recognized to Sony's platform.

Third reason is going back to both of my first points; Graphics and PS. The graphics on the DS would, as had to have been accepted, sub-par. Now, what was the Final Fantasy series moved to the Playstation to accomplish originally, instead of just continuing on the SNES/N64?

Graphics.

The entire point of the creation of FF7 on the Playstation was to get all-new ground breaking graphics, meaning it would be a ginormous step backwards for the game's recreation to be on a system less powerful than the original.

Personally, I don't care what this game gets remade on, as long as it's not a PS3 exclusive. I just think that to do the game justice, you'd have to either make it for the Next-gen DS, the PSP, or this Gen's consoles.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The DS, simply put, does not have the graphical capacity for a game like FFVII. When one wants a game which is portable, but enjoys some good 3D graphics (no, the DS sucks at 3D - closest thing they got to a "good" representation of 3D was Smackdown vs Raw 09 and Zelda PH), they get a PSP.

Plus, it was made for Sony, not Nintendo consoles.

'Nuff said.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
HBK said:
The DS, simply put, does not have the graphical capacity for a game like FFVII. When one wants a game which is portable, but enjoys some good 3D graphics (no, the DS sucks at 3D - closest thing they got to a "good" representation of 3D was Smackdown vs Raw 09 and Zelda PH), they get a PSP.

Plus, it was made for Sony, not Nintendo consoles.

'Nuff said.
Actually, it doesn't matter, even if it was made for Microsoft, SE, the owner can always make one for Nintendo, just ike what happened to FFXIII

But yeah, I agree with you, for portable and visually stunning games, go for PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P