Hacking plz help corrupt RTS save

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone well I got my first Cyclo DS about a week algo with an ADATA 4gigs class 6 Memory card and everything was working perfectly now today I am playing final fantasy vi and I am like 20 hour into the game and when go and select RTS to save my game it just frezzed were it siad saving I left it alone for like 5 min to see if it would respond but nothing so I resated my DS but now everthing is takeing a very long time to load so what I am doing is reformanting my memory card as I write this my question is did I just lose my 20+ hour game save and is there anyway to fix the corrupt save file ? I am also thinking that my memory card imight have goten messed up because its takeing a very long time for it to formant the card as before it was going faster plz help with any advice thanks

The_Dark_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you because I don't even have a flash card yet, but I'm bumping your topic because I plan to buy the exact same setup you have so I hope someone can help you!!

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recomand you get a differnet memory card as the adata 4gig class 6 Micro SDHC Flash Card is not in my opinion a good card as it can not run Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin and it is defective as mine seem to have pretty much died after only one week so I highly advice you to pick a differnt card i my seldf just ordered this one from what I have read it seem to be a better card and can run Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin without any problems

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...45&ref=lmcd

AcIdPort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi! Use SDFormatter last version maybe this will help you, install it, run it and go into options and select Full Erase (ON) and Adjust Format Size (ON) wait until finish it and put update.evo again in the root directory to recover it.

I've read that RTS sometimes has problems with some games if you don't pause the game first and then use RTS.

Hope this help you.
cool.gif

The_Dark_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man!! the A-Data 4GB Class6 can't run Castlevania?! .... *sigh*... this stuff is so hard.

luckily I haven't made any orders yet... but how could I have known that card won't play that (or any other) game??

and now Patriot brand? what's special about that brand?

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course it can run Castlevania. Class 6s can run anything, so do Class 4s.

As for your problem...
That is a common one. Sometimes, around like, 1% of the time, RTS decides to fuck up.
That's why, you must, MUST, always save inside the regular game.

The_Dark_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, ok, then why did he say the A-Data4GBClass6 won't work? I would be interested to see the result of a conversation between you to on that matter...... thanks!

AcIdPort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
jgdsl I found it in another forum maybe help you:

1. First, remove the card/drive from your computer.

Download the low level format tool below to your computer.
http://hddguru.com/download/software/HDDGU...p.2.36.1181.exe

Install the program into your computer. You should see a new icon called "Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool".

a. Insert the card/drive and run the program.
IMPORTANT!!! MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DISK OR YOUR COMPUTER MAY NOT START LATER!!!
It should shows as BUS: USB. Select the BUS: USB. Also check the size and make sure.
If you don't see BUS: USB, that means the card is unreadable and need to be replaced. In this case, please STOP here and close the program and DO NOT continue below.
b. Then click Continue->Low Level Format->Format this Device.
c. Wait for a few minutes until it finish successfully with a message of asking you to partition and format it. (if you see formatting error, you can stop the formatting and the card needs to be replaced.)
d. Put the card back to your device and see.

2. Please go to the site below:
http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/
Please try to download the software sdfv2000.exe (for windows only) and the manual for your reference.

Install the sdfv2000.exe in your computer, then insert the card into the card reader (if you do not have reader, you can try to connect your device to the computer with USB cable) and then run it:

a. Check the drive letter and also the size and make sure it is the correct card.
b. Click Option:
Format Type: Full Erase ON
Format Size Adjustment: ON
c. Click OK, then click Format. Wait until it finish.
d. You will be prompted to remove the card after it finish. Then go ahead and insert it in your device and see.

Greets!

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lets get one thing stright everyone need to stop saying that all class 6 cards can run Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin I spent about 2 whole days reading and doing research as to if the adata cards can run that game alot of pepole were saying that yes it can and alot were also saying that any class 6 card can run that game let me tell you something the adata that I recived which is a class 6 card can not run the game when I get to the part at the start of the game that you buy potions the game frezzes I have tryed about ten differnt Roms and they all frezzed at the same spot now unless all ten roms were messed up I can say that my adata card can not run that game and after a week of having the card I can say that adata card sucks as mine is almost dead and it is running very slowly when I got the card I was getting 0.6 in the speed test and now I am getting after a week 1.2 so plz I highly recomaned no one get this card the reason I pick the Patriot is because I read that it can play the Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin even though I am not 100% sure it will as pepole siad the same thing about adata and in the end it could run it but the real reason is becuase I have a 32 gig usb stick from patriot and its been running perfectly for 6 month without no problems so since there are no japan made class 6 card yet I will still with patrot to the end and I pray it works out in the end I will let you guys know by tuesday if it is any good as that when ups should bring it to me

p.s. my adta card also courpted my 30+ hour game save from final fantasy VI now I have to start from the Beginning this sucks I will never in my life buy another adata product ever agian

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The_Dark_Knight said:
hmm, ok, then why did he say the A-Data4GBClass6 won't work? I would be interested to see the result of a conversation between you to on that matter...... thanks!
Perhaps he got a faulty card. I've heard plenty of people playing Castlevania fine with A-Data.
And again, his problem with RTS is NOT, I repeat, NOT the fault of his card. It's a CycloDS issue. RTS is not perfect, and may not ever be.
And it is entirely his fault he didn't save using the normal save.

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have saveed the normal way but for some reason when I save the rts way it deletes the normal save

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I can confirm this is not a problem with RTS, it's the In-game menu freezes the game. Happened in FFTA2 as well but they fixed that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy