Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Amazing.

So out of the 3 titles targeted by operation rainfall, Nintendo Europe has 3 and Nintendo of America has 0. All the while, it was the ceo of Nintendo of America who said at E3 that they're listening to the core gamer.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
Amazing.

So out of the 3 titles targeted by operation rainfall, Nintendo Europe has 3 and Nintendo of America has 0. All the while, it was the ceo of Nintendo of America who said at E3 that they're listening to the core gamer.
He also announced the new console would be called Wii U, so I seriously doubt they are listening to anyone. I mean, we (the consumers) accepted the name Wii after awhile, but nobody ever liked it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This has been reported over... and over... and over.

NOE is better than NOA, we get it. Now stop whining and play the games ANYWAYS on your SOFTMODDED, REGION-FREE Wii's.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
darkangel5000 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Not all of us are filthy pirates.
Implying that playing PAL titles on your NTSC-U wii requires pirating...
It doesn't require it, but like 98% of the people I've come across (on this forum and others) who want help with out of region games admit that they pirated them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
darkangel5000 said:
JoostinOnline said:

I take it that "Importing games unavailable in Your region from regions that do have the game" is an alien idea to you. Softmodding doesn't mean you're pirating, you could just as well softmod your Wii to play movies or use linux.

If people are so bat-shit crazy about *3* titles then this is probably the way to go for them. It's not like the games are stacked up on the moon, how much will you pay for importing? 5 bucks? Oh gee whiz, that's like, half a paycheck (of a paper boy in the sixties of the last century).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
darkangel5000 said:
JoostinOnline said:

I take it that "Importing games unavailable in Your region from regions that do have the game" is an alien idea to you. Softmodding doesn't mean you're pirating, you could just as well softmod your Wii to play movies or use linux.
Was that directed at me? If so, see my previous post.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did read your previous post, I just don't see any "relevance" in it. It doesn't matter what OTHERS do, you don't want to pirate the game so you won't. Just Region-Frii your Wii//Use PriiLoader though and the problem magically disappears.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol already made a post about it but w/e.
The three JRPG games are coming in europe. That's great news. I live in NA but I can import so no worries. Most important thing is, I'll be able to play the three games in english.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamefan5 said:
lol already made a post about it but w/e.
The three JRPG games are coming in europe. That's great news. I live in NA but I can import so no worries. Most important thimg is, I'll be able to play the three games in english.

sorry for the double post, thats exactly why i mentioned it. still sucks that NOA wont do anything but at least the games will be around in english
smile.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really don't get what's all the fuss about. There are hundreds of other games that are JAP-only and NOW we're annoyed by it. I just find it odd.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
I really don't get what's all the fuss about. There are hundreds of other games that are JAP-only and NOW we're annoyed by it. I just find it odd.
Idunno about everyone else but I've been annoyed with JAP-only games for quite some time (Captain Rainbow), and the fact that NA is only getting 2 good games (Kirby, and Skyward Sword) while both Japan and Europe get 5 good games.
Also It's probably also because NA just isn't used to the PAL treatment.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:

um...iv always been annoyed about it!

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
I know right? I think it's because there's something in these games that seperates them from the others. Perhaps it's because it doesn't seem... casual, you know. It's seems these games are focused for the hardcore genre. Don't get me wrong, lots of games are good for wii, but sometimes, you get the feeling that these games are not focused enough for die-hard fans or for the hard
core. I get that feeling whenever I play SSBB or Mario kart Wii.

And as for unlocalized JAP games, perhaps they did not interest us that much. But now we have something that interests us and we want to get it so bad. I think it's because we're researching something hardcore that has eluded us for so long.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Well with NTSC-J games, you have to translate them. That means paying new voice actors, having the text translated, and (if you want it to look good) remaking cutscenes to sync the lips during speech. It's understandable that companies wouldn't want to (or can't) pay for all that, without knowing if the game will be a hit in another culture or not. It's just a matter of the region with PAL and NTSC-U games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Spongeroberto said:
Amazing.

He also announced the new console would be called Wii U, so I seriously doubt they are listening to anyone.
That's how Nintendo is.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
B/c not many people know of these titles. Not everyone in the world has a modded/softmodded Wii, or even know of the scene. Many people are missing out. Also since NoA release the same party games ALL THE TIME, the Wii is given a bad reputation with it's game library. Go ask what the average age of a wii player is to people and i bet you most of the people would most likely say about 5-10 ~.~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place