Hacking Please tell me this is normal...

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long story short, I`m on a DSiXL, and recently updated my Acekard2i with the 3DS patch, as I`m getting one this weekend. The update went along smoothly to 100%, then told me to reset my system. I did so, then (Still on my XL) selected the acekard (New icon, so it did seem to update). The card seemed to be loading, then the screen went black and nothing happened. (It does this every time)

Did I brick my acekard, or does it only load on 3DS`s now? If I did brick it, can anybody link to a guide of how to unbrick? (If possible)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It should still work on the DSi/XL. It seems the flashing didn't finish. If you have another flash cart and a DS/Lite, you can start the DS version of the update on the other flash cart, then when it tells you to pop that cart out, and pop the 2i in to make the update flash the 2i.

I suggest using the paper trick to make sure the contacts are properly... contacting.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231412&hl=

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crap, I was hoping it wasn`t busted. I`ve only got my one acekard2i and my DSiXL, and nobody I know has a flashcart. It`s not contact, cause I have to use the paper trick to make it work all the time.

There`s no way to fix this by just using my PC?

Drager0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
I have heard that on SOME cards the 3DS (I'm guessing that's what you used) can cause problems with the system files. Mine updated perfectly fine so I cannot confirm this.

Delete the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds file and get fresh copies from:
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=904&f=8

You are a freakin' wizard among cats, it work perfectly, thank you so much!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Drager0 said:
Long story short, I`m on a DSiXL, and recently updated my Acekard2i with the 3DS patch, as I`m getting one this weekend. The update went along smoothly to 100%, then told me to reset my system. I did so, then (Still on my XL) selected the acekard (New icon, so it did seem to update). The card seemed to be loading, then the screen went black and nothing happened. (It does this every time)

Did I brick my acekard, or does it only load on 3DS`s now? If I did brick it, can anybody link to a guide of how to unbrick? (If possible)
I heard that re-installing all the system files (AKAIO, etc.) would fix it.

EDIT: Beaten to it by a long shot.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drager0 said:
twiztidsinz said:
I have heard that on SOME cards the 3DS (I'm guessing that's what you used) can cause problems with the system files. Mine updated perfectly fine so I cannot confirm this.

Delete the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds file and get fresh copies from:
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=904&f=8

You are a freakin' wizard among cats, it work perfectly, thank you so much!
Awesome... I'm a catwizard. Fucking woo.

(lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended