Hacking Please help with Moonshell2 2.08, main root of card

hammer35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am currently waiting to get my Acekard 2i in the mail, in the mean time I got my new 4 GB microsd card and I am trying to have it completely set up and ready to go when the card arrives. I am mainly confused about which files stay on the Microsd card from Moonshell2, only because all of the guides just say to copy the files to the root and the pictures also show all files. What I need to know is, do I put the Moonshell2 folders titled, EXTENDSKINS, HTML, MISCTOOLS, MOONMEMO....do these folders and programs remain on the MicroSD card at all times?????????????? I'm confused if I use the MISCTOOLS folders on the DS or are they programs that I use on the PC????????

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need to copy the moonshell 2 folder and the moonshell 2 directboot to the root of your card. MISCTOOLS contains programs for your computer, such as the video converter. If you'd like you can also copy the extendskins folder onto the root and moonmemo. Extendskins is a folder where you can place extra skins (obviously) and moonmemo is a folder where you can store the pictures you draw in moonshell.

hammer35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks everyone I just wanted to mainly make sure that the MISCTOOLS folders was not needed at all on the car.

Can some please tell me what the HTML folders functions is please?
I also remove the linktoencoder file correct?

also do I need to have the MOONESHELL2_DIRECT BOOT.NDS AND MOONSHL2.NDS ON THE ROOT are both the files needed?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You only need the moonshl2 folder and either Moonshl2_directboot.nds OR moonshl2.nds (moonshl2.nds is 64kb and opens up the language select on the initial boot while the direct boot is larger and must have the language set separately).

All of the other folders don't have to be in the MicroSD and the html folder is the html files for the changelog and instructions for how to use most of the basics of moonshell2 as well as file compatibility and other informative tidbits about moonshell2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.