Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I'm using ImgBurn at 4x or 2x, but nothing

Before you say my PS2's laser or modchip are dead/dying:
- ALL my old games work, every single one of them, in fact I just tried my 9 year old scratched up Wild Arms 3 copy bought from some random Macedonian store burnt on some good for nothing media and it worked perfectly.
- There are no clicking noises, no delay no nothing, the PS2 reads everything normally

More often than not however when I burn games myself nowadays I get this:
- The PS2 reads the discs immediately, but instead of going to the Playstation 2 logo and booting the game up it takes me to the memory card menu, this used to happen with bad burns back in the day when I'd buy my pirated PS2 games, but after I'd return them and exchange them for new copies they'd work fine.

I'd say my burner is dead, but it's not and it burns the discs without any problems, verification in ImgBurn passes and everything.

The last game I was able to burn was ZOE1 around this time in 2009, that's it, haven't been able to get ANYTHING working since, yet every single and we're talking over 120 games here, old game I've bought back in the day or burnt works flawlessly.

I got the same exact ISO of ZOE1 just now, burnt it to the same exact media I burnt it to Last year, in fact it was the same batch of discs because i apparently had a disc or two left in that batch, didn't work yet the ZOE1 I burnt last year still works fine.

edit: This is my 2nd PS2 which I got in 2002, it's modded with Magic 2 but it's been reading and playing everything for years, still does, I just can't burn games correctly anymore and I don't understand why.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit:
Tired burning with NERO Burning Rom v10.0.11100 Portable and it still doesn't work

----

guess I will try NERO, in fact back in the day I used to use NERO, but before I do is there anything in Imgburn I could check, I don't see any options for multisession and the like, though I've never even used stuff like that before.
Also if I try to burn a Wii game(I dont burn them i use my USB HDD, but still) the games work fine in my Wii, same goes for GameCube games.

PS2 games are the only ones I can't get working.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only 2 reasons that come to my mind is that you are producing crappy burns now, or it's a DVD+R issue.

Could you rebackup one of the burned discs and compare it to he .iso you used to burn it? Best with a reboot between burning and reading.

Well are the discs DVD+Rs? Some ps2 models will only read DVD+Rs if the booktype is set to DVD-R. You said you used the same media as before, but did you use the same burner as before? Some burners set the booktype to DVD-R automatically without asking. Also if you have a new burner, it might be worse than the old one and would explain bad burns.

Oh and about the verfication: If you have problems i recommend enabling it, but it's only one way: Error on verification => BAD BURN!, verification passed doesn't say anything, because PC drives, especially DVD burners have a much higher tolerance to the burn quality than console dvd drives. I don't know why, but on all consoles you have to watch out for the burn quality and just EVERY dvd drive is to read most of the "bad" burns.

Edit: Didn't saw your comment about Wii games, hmm this rules out the DVD+R problem as the Wii shouldn't be able to read DVD+R without bitsetting. Ok, there's a chance that middle age Wiis read DVD+Rs without bitsetting and just nobody noticed it.
Edit2: Well if you have a chip in your Wii, the DVD+R could be a problem again

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for bumping this, but I got a new PS2, brand new slim PS2 and had it modded. Figured my old PS2 was crapping out on me, well the new PS2 won't boot any of my newly burned games either, only stuff I've burnt last year and before works but nothing new I burn does.

I guess it could be my burner but if it's the burner how come it burns all my other stuff perfectly fine?

here are my ImgBurn settings, maybe there's something bad here
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2834/werwer324.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...