Hacking Please DO NOT take DYKG's video on Switch Hacking Seriously.

coolfunkypanda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, Some of the video was okay the part about sx os brick code never being removed irked me. But the video painting the scene as destructive and at cutthroats with each other was annoying.

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can somebody explain what exactly wrong with the video? I'm new to the scene and yet to hack my Switch.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DYKG has always been bad at supporting their statements. Not sure why, but they don't seem to know how to do proper research or support their assertions. I'm not overly surprised by this video. Friend of a friend who makes them, so I've seen them every now and then since the beginning and I've never not seen at least a few things wrong with what they assert. Reminds me of the "game theory" people who just make stuff up and pass off "MAYBE! NOT LIKE YOU KNOW!" as evidence....okay maybe not that bad, but there's always something wrong or a leap of logic passed off as fact.

Gaming historian is about 1000x better and not click-bait-y. dude does his research and does it right. give that channel your love.

Last edited by osaka35,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
OP, Nice promotion of the video. Did you generate 4,000+ more views for it and bump it up to the top of youtube for the people searching switch hacks?

Reactions: osaka35

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP, Nice promotion of the video. Did you generate 4,000+ more views for it and bump it up to the top of youtube for the people searching switch hacks?
It was already on YouTube Trending for a bit. I highly doubt this thread would bump it to the top.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It was already on YouTube Trending for a bit. I highly doubt this thread would bump it to the top.

Might as well keep it at the top. :unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Untitled.png

OP: Seriously, everybody. Nobody should bother watching this. Here's the video.

Last edited by tabzer,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It contains a lot of outdated and completely wrong info.

The video in question:

If you don't want to drive traffic to the video, it's probably better to remove the embed/link and just say "their latest video on switch hacking, which was trending for a while. I won't link here to avoid giving them views, but here's a breakdown of the worst offending things".

Just a suggestion, I'd just hate to give them more traffic for being terrible at what they attempt to do.

Reactions: tabzer

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't want to drive traffic to the video, it's probably better to remove the embed/link and just say "their latest video on switch hacking, which was trending for a while. I won't link here to avoid giving them views, but here's a breakdown of the worst offending things".

Just a suggestion, I'd just hate to give them more traffic for being terrible at what they attempt to do.
True, I mainly put it there for people to form their own opinions on the video. I don't think everyone who viewed the thread watched the video anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

View attachment 173152
OP: Seriously, everybody. Nobody should bother watching this. Here's the video.
Where does it say people shouldn't bother to watch it? Screenshot clearly says to not take it seriously.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
True, I mainly put it there for people to form their own opinions on the video. I don't think everyone who viewed the thread watched the video anyway.
So, you are basically saying that you want people to watch it.

Where does it say people shouldn't bother to watch it? Screenshot clearly says to not take it seriously.

Well, making it the center of a thread based on scrutinizing it is a bit of a contradiction.

Nice troll thread.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, you are basically saying that you want people to watch it.

Well, making it the center of a thread based on scrutinizing it is a bit of a contradiction.

Nice troll thread.
Just because I think it's a bad video shouldn't stop people from forming their own opinion. I really don't care if they got an extra 4k views from this (which I highly doubt they have). They already have 500k views on the video anyway. I let people know what it was like from my personal experience and gave them an option to watch it or not. I don't see the issue here...

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just like drawing attention to the irony of this thread. If that's an issue to you, then maybe you shouldn't have taken the video seriously enough to make a thread dedicated to it (or make modifications?). Whether it was intended or not, this thread is a promotion of "the bad video". It's a good troll.

Last edited by tabzer,

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just like drawing attention to the irony of this thread. If that's an issue to you, then maybe you shouldn't have taken the video seriously enough to make a thread dedicated to it (or make modifications?). Whether it was intended or not, this thread is a promotion of "the bad video". It's a good troll.
/shrug

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to note that due to reasons, I'll not write a rebuttal.

That said, I'd like to note that DYKG isn't at fault as much as they picked a couple of poorly chosen sources (arstechnica, that one motherboard article and Ktemkins old fusee FAQ) which were either inacurrate or outdated.

Reactions: Essasetic

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That said, I'd like to note that DYKG isn't at fault as much as they picked a couple of poorly chosen sources (arstechnica, that one motherboard article and Ktemkins old fusee FAQ) which were either inacurrate or outdated.
My whole reason for watching this thread went up in smoke. Oh well.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States

Let me be the messenger then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1