Please DO NOT take DYKG's video on Switch Hacking Seriously.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Essasetic, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Essasetic
    OP

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It contains a lot of outdated and completely wrong info.

The video in question:

@Ev1l0rd is working on tearing this video apart. His takedown on it might be out tommorow.

EDIT: I am not saying to actually mass flag and get the video taken down. I'm just saying that Ev1l0rd's takedown (his views and opinions in the video) might be out tommorow (or today in this case).

EDIT 2: Ev1l0rd will not be working on tearing this video apart due to certain circumstances.

Last edited by Essasetic, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Also, please spread this to anybody who was unaware of switch hacking before they watched that video. So they don't get wrong and outdated info.

NoNAND likes this.
  3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Can you give quick TLDR?

4. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Massive inaccuracies on a large scale.

Essasetic, KiiWii, jimmyj and 2 others like this.
  5. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    So this youtuber is using "switch hacking" in order to generate views for his channel

I don't agree with that

Him being right or wrong is not the issue here (for me)

6. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Uh this is a very respectable channel, and its not a "guy" its a bunch of people. It's about the history of switch hacking. It's just VERY wrong.

KiiWii, MAXLEMPIRA, jimmyj and 2 others like this.
  7. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    TL;DR Payloads are apparently programs, piracy is apparently loaded through "recovery mode", outdated info on SX OS, etc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is a case of not doing proper research.

On a sidenote, I love how they use a quote from TX saying that their CFW is "legal". Even though it has been proven multiple times not to be. Just something I found funny.

wicksand420, atoxique and jimmyj like this.
  8. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy, finally a mainstream media platform is covering a topic I feel like I have an in-depth intimate knowledge of given my presence during the upbringing. I can't wait to boast my superior knowledge all over these so-called "professional" youtubers. I am so much smarter and cooler and have access to underground behind the scenes info that I will pounce all over these n00bz!

edit: everybody who reads me roasting these guys is gonna be like "wooooah how do you know so much more than the youtuber" and I'll be so cool

9. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I think they avoided on propourse the actual state of the scene to avoid possible problems with Nintendo. And most of the video seems to be just made for the avarage people to understand, and not for them to know exactly how this works, neither for us.

I know it's not really exactly about everything but come on, it's a 12min video and it's not made for gbatemp users.

10. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Most of DYKG's videos are lazy and out of date, like their recent video on Nintendo in China. There's an entire Google doc of issues we found with it.

Last edited by Jhynjhiruu, Jul 13, 2019 - Reason: Typo
  11. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Well they could've done at least a bit of research on it. It didn't have to be indepth but at least be somewhat up to date. The SX OS brickcode scandal has been outdated for over a year now.

If they were to avoid conflicts with Nintendo anyway then SX OS wouldn't of been mentioned at all in the video. Yet a good portion is dedicated to talking about it with little to no research done.

lol

jimmyj likes this.
  12. The14thfly

The14thfly GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    This is the most retarded shit I have seen so far.

Jesus christ is this video misinformed.

13. Jhynjhiruu

Dec 31, 2016
    DYKG in a nutshell.

atoxique likes this.
  14. Peninsula

Peninsula GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2014
    United States
    This video is fine. For the layman who is not at all familiar with Switch hacking, describing payloads as programs and RCM as recovery mode seems perfectly sensible.

Also yes, the SX OS brick code discovery happened nearly a year ago, but that doesn't mean it's not worth mentioning to give context on the Switch scene.

15. Jhynjhiruu

Dec 31, 2016
    To be fair, RCM = ReCovery Mode

16. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    But, the lack of research does show. I don't mind the simplified definitions (at least not as much as the other parts of the video). But from the SX OS example you used. They never mentioned that the brick code was removed in a future update. Which does show a lack of proper research done on the video.

Last edited by Essasetic, Jul 13, 2019
    atoxique and jimmyj like this.
  17. Peninsula

Peninsula GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2014
    United States
    They certainly could have mentioned it was patched out, but I don't think it's particularly relevant for the point they were making, which is that TX has done some shady stuff. Again, I don't see anything in this video that's blatantly false, it's just simplified for their audience - which is to be expected.

Meepers55 and CanIHazWarez like this.
  18. Kilim

Kilim ReiNX Official Dad™

May 14, 2017
    United States
    >ktemkin still relevant
    lmbo

Halvorsen likes this.
  19. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You get what you deserve if you follow YouTube videos for hacking anything!

20. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    I've watched a couple of this guy's videos he does things like Zelda glitches and had an interesting video on the Dreamcast devs leaving a folder in one of their games with a release group name that I think had dev files or something.

Either way this video isn't a guide, it's following the theme of their channel. If you nit-pick this video you are a douche. Doesn't matter if you're right, this is honestly just a PSA because I don't think you people realize the douchiness of this topic. You folks really do not want to unknowingly associate with a douchey narrative because it reflects badly on you for simply just not knowing better.

Anyone who finds inconsistencies with the video ( I have not watched ) you are not special, you are not more intelligent than the people behind the video, you are absolutely unremarkable and consist of nothing for character.

If you guy's really come out with a response video in some real lame cingey attempt to call out / try and get attention for thinking highly of yourself it will not look good.

Normal people use the comment section of YouTube. This thread is douchey, and from some n00b jerk who hasn't even been on this forum for a year?! We're taking a thread made by a newbie seriously? JUN 16 2018!!! How could this person know anything? I've been here since 2008 clearly I'm more knowledgeable!

I hope if I'm feeling the same way about this in time to come I can watch your guy's future post like a hawk and as soon as I can correct some stupid slip up i'm going to go hard.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted