Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
OH GOD .......I MEAN PLAY VITA GAME LIKE FREE VITA GAME ...OR DOWNLOAD GAME AND PLAY ALL VITA GAME I MEAN
Stop using all caps.

No, there are no native Vita hacks that will let you pirate games. You can buy a Blackfin Cobra, which is like a flashcard for the Vita, but it's very expensive and requires an internet connection at all times.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well actually you can pirate with a Vita (using some software tricks); it's not that hard, but requires someone else to release a dump of his Vita with the game first.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ooooh, that. I don't usually count that, since it's hardly "pirating" when you require someone's login details (or their PS3, whatever). It's essentially game sharing, just without the stupid one-Vita only restriction.

Same reason I don't count the physical backup trick, too, you're still required to own the actual game.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually you don't really need their login details. Both methods require either access to their PS3 or an valid act.dat. I think if there was any interest in the method I would look into not requiring the owner's act.dat, but nobody has given any interest (or even confirmed that the method works; I tested myself, but I'm not infallible..)

It's possible to not require an owner act.dat too, I've pulled it off once via a tricky coldswap, but it's really tricky to pull off.

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think if there was any interest in the method I would look into not requiring the owner's act.dat, but nobody has given any interest (or even confirmed that the method works; I tested myself, but I'm not infallible..).

I'd be willing to help, as long as there are no risks of bricking or accidental firmware updates...

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Late update because I have just come home from a convention.

Update July 31st 2016:

HENkaku, a native hack for the Vita allowing for homebrews and other stuff has been released. Your PSVita/PSTV needs to be on 3.60 and you have to visit http://henkaku.xyz on your device to install the hack!

I have also updated the FAQ to account for HENkaku.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to emulate the gyro sensor of the ps vita on the ps TV?
Right now? Nope.

But would it be technically possible? Sort of. The Vita uses the same sixaxis motion sensors as the DS3/DS4 controllers, so it might one day be possible to use the motion sensor data from those. Is it likely to ever happen? Probably not.

Reactions: Chrisser_75

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
August 28th 2016:

Update 3 for HENkaku has been released. It features PSN spoofing and gives you access to PSN without updating. Please note that you are using this on your own risk and bans might be a thing while using it.

Other features include:

• Safe homebrew support: Developers can optionally mark their homebrews as “safe” and it will not gain restricted API access. We highly recommend developers who are not using such features to update their packages as safe.
  • VitaShell 0.8: Read the release notes from The_FloW for the list of changes to VitaShell.
  • Version string: A callback to the PSP days where every hack would change the system version string. We do that too now (see the screenshot) so we can provide better support to our users.
  • Update blocking: In HENkaku mode, firmware updates using the official servers are blocked. That way you won’t accidentally install 3.61 and it won’t download in the background regardless of your settings.
More information at: https://yifan.lu/2016/08/27/henkaku-update/

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
August 30th 2016:

Vitamin, a tool for making game dumps (and now playable backups) has now been officially released by hacker TheFloW after a rocky leak 24 hours earlier, resulting in hackers leaving the scene. It's always sad to see people leave and I wish everyone involved in Vitamin good luck in their future endeavors. No matter what they decide to do next.

This now means that the community has the means to make and play backups of their PSVita games.

(https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin/downloads)

TheFloW has also released VitaShell 0.86 (https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/0.86)

Last edited by Arizato,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?