Playstation Move: Calibration Issues, Poor Games annoy Critics

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
consoles or even electronics didn't exist in 1889 though?
laugh.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Wasn't Motion+ supposed to not be true 1:1?

Either way its crappy that the Move is like this if its true as competition is healthy and keeps companies like Nintendo on the go to stop them getting stuck in their ways.
The only way Sony keeps Nintendo from getting "stuck in their ways" is by getting stuck in Nintendo's ways.

Nintendo seems to be the one coming up with most, if not all, of gaming's great innovations.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
Nintendo seems to be the one coming up with most, if not all, of gaming's great innovations.
lets recap:
d-pad
LR buttons
analog stick
wireless controller
motion sensing

guess your right
tongue.gif
Atari 2600 had a wireless controllers

con_AtariRemoteControllers.jpg

They weren't standard Xbox 360 was the first to have Wireless controllers as standard (I think)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
lets recap:
d-pad
LR buttons
analog stick
wireless controller
motion sensing

guess your right
tongue.gif
Atari 2600 had a wireless controllers

con_AtariRemoteControllers.jpg

They weren't standard Xbox 360 was the first to have Wireless controllers as standard (I think)
The first official wireless controller made by a first party manufacturer was the WaveBird for Nintendo Gamecube.
Also, the D-Pad was first implemented by Milton Bradley.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
lets recap:
d-pad
LR buttons
analog stick
wireless controller
motion sensing

guess your right
tongue.gif
Wireless controller was done many times before, I had a PC one before Nintendo did Wavebird.
Motion sensing...yeah Dreamcast did that with that fishing rod and that wasn't even the first one.
Analog stick...Atari did it over ten years before.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
lets recap:
d-pad
LR buttons
analog stick
wireless controller
motion sensing

guess your right
tongue.gif
Wireless controller was done many times before, I had a PC one before Nintendo did Wavebird.
Motion sensing...yeah Dreamcast did that with that fishing rod and that wasn't even the first one.
I'd call it more of a Joystick.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
Gaydrian said:
Bladexdsl said:
_Chaz_ said:
lets recap:
d-pad
LR buttons
analog stick
wireless controller
motion sensing

guess your right
tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure the Atari 5200's controller, was quite like an analog stick as it allowed for sensitive movement. This thread is going to be full of Ninty fanboys hailng the Big N whilst scolding their competitors.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Actually it was a potentiometer-based analog stick. Also the Vectrex had something similar too as well as a number of flight sim controllers.

EDIT: Just looked up that Sony actually released a dual analog flight sim controller before Nintendo released its controller though Nintendo were the first to put one with a d-pad.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
emigre said:
I'm pretty sure the Atari 5200's controller, was quite like an analog stick as it allowed for sensitive movement. This thread is going to be full of Ninty fanboys hailng the Big N whilst scolding their competitors.
In 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console. However, the non-centering joystick design proved to be ungainly and unreliable, alienating many consumers at the time. in other words NOT a real analog stick

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
emigre said:
In 1982 Atari released their first controller with a potentiometer-based analog stick for their Atari 5200 home console. However, the non-centering joystick design proved to be ungainly and unreliable, alienating many consumers at the time. in other words NOT a real analog stick
The Vectrex one however was self-centering. Think that was released maybe a year after the Atari one.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of motion controls, but I'm not getting PS Move. For me, controls are the second biggest factor when it comes to games. Gameplay being first, then controls.

Even at it's launch, I thought it was cool, but I knew Sony was never going to make good games for it (It's hard enough to find good games for the PS3 to begin with, now this narrows it down more. I haven't used my PS3 since God of War Collection and Assassin's Creed II).

I really didn't think it would have any technical issues. This just makes it another reason not to get it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo had the idea first, and the controller looks almost exactly like a Wii Remote with a bubble on it. Only difference being that it's black and says "Sony".

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the thing people are talking about is how Nintendo successfully introduces and advances those existing technologies to properly work and also make sense in the gaming industry, which often lead to either SEGA or SONY copying it...

But to stay on topic: I don`t know how bad the calibration-need is but if it is just before every match, just to make sure where you are standing exactly (similar to WSR) then I don`t see any problem in this honestly! You can`t blame the tech for not tracking your entire body.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1