PlayStation kicks off its annual Days of Play sale

gje8d9N.png

PlayStation is here to celebrate a Summer of non-stop gaming, with its annual Days of Play sale. Plenty of discounts are available for games on the PlayStation Store, as well as a sale that nets you 25% off of a yearly subscription to PlayStation Plus--any tier, regardless if you're a new customer or not. The sale will last until June 12th, so be sure to check it out if you've been waiting for discounts on AAA games.

:arrow: Source

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty poor offerings tbh. I scrolled through over 90 pages of sale items (all deals, not just DoP) and found nothing worth picking up that I don't already own.
That's not to say there wasn't anything I was interested in, just that the reductions weren't enough for me to pull the trigger. Most of the AAA stuff can be picked up pre-owned for half of the sale price.

Reactions: DS1

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty poor offerings tbh. I scrolled through over 90 pages of sale items (all deals, not just DoP) and found nothing worth picking up that I don't already own.
That's not to say there wasn't anything I was interested in, just that the reductions weren't enough for me to pull the trigger. Most of the AAA stuff can be picked up pre-owned for half of the sale price.

I have a feeling these sales are only really for people with digital only consoles. The rest of us can get games a lot cheaper all year round.

Having said that, I really want to get MLB 23 and there just isn't anywhere in the UK to buy it for a reasonable price.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
PlayStation was famous to be very affordable to maintain because physical media always had huge price drops, even for stuff very new (like 4 months old).

Does that changed? Or keeps? Because if keeps that way, events like that are pretty useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 91ajames

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation was famous to be very affordable to maintain because physical media always had huge price drops, even for stuff very new (like 4 months old).

Does that changed? Or keeps? Because if keeps that way, events like that are pretty useless.
In the United States, PSN discounts for PS4 are usually pretty big, and depending on the time they are usually lower than most physical retail (like if you order Amazon or Best Buy, etc.). The one exception would be GameStop, which sells used games based on a trade economy (most people are super ignorant of this... for every 'bad' trade you think you're getting, you could be buying games that are only a few months old for ~50-75% off...).

Because the PS5 has little to no exclusive games, they've decided to start selling "PS5 versions" of existing PS4 games - THOSE are marked up in their store. You can still buy the cheaper PS4 versions and in most cases play them on your PS5.

As for this sale this post is about - there is nothing significant about it. Sony has at least one big sale every month, and around 50% of it will be really good deals. It's not like Steam where they put everything at the lowest price point twice a year. It's more like... PSN has 1/3rd of games on sale one month, 1/3rd the next month, and so-forth rotating, with developer-specific discounts sprinkled in. Last month's sale was incredible, even devs that only have sales 2 or 3 times a year (Square Enix...) had everything on deep discount.

SOURCE: Believe me, I am one cheap-ass mf'er

• Haha
Reactions: 91ajames

91ajames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the United States, PSN discounts for PS4 are usually pretty big, and depending on the time they are usually lower than most physical retail (like if you order Amazon or Best Buy, etc.). The one exception would be GameStop, which sells used games based on a trade economy (most people are super ignorant of this... for every 'bad' trade you think you're getting, you could be buying games that are only a few months old for ~50-75% off...).

Because the PS5 has little to no exclusive games, they've decided to start selling "PS5 versions" of existing PS4 games - THOSE are marked up in their store. You can still buy the cheaper PS4 versions and in most cases play them on your PS5.

As for this sale this post is about - there is nothing significant about it. Sony has at least one big sale every month, and around 50% of it will be really good deals. It's not like Steam where they put everything at the lowest price point twice a year. It's more like... PSN has 1/3rd of games on sale one month, 1/3rd the next month, and so-forth rotating, with developer-specific discounts sprinkled in. Last month's sale was incredible, even devs that only have sales 2 or 3 times a year (Square Enix...) had everything on deep discount.

SOURCE: Believe me, I am one cheap-ass mf'er
Man, I kid you not, I thought i was a heavy pc gamer, (if i actually illegal downloaded, same with sony) I buy roughly maybe a few costco cards for $89 to maybe a few sketchy sites for $65 just for the $100 gift card for that price along with the big discounts. Just adds up over time. I've probably if i could, 15TB TOTAL GAMES on the system alone. And yea, I missed a few every now and then bc i would fall asleep n forget about it. HAHAHAHA.

• Haha
Reactions: DS1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over