Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;)

all im saying right now.

also for the interested. i have a usb device that acts as storage and it tells you if it has been mounted based on its led blinking pattern. it looks like the 2 ports in the front do mount usb storage devices. useless for now but interesting non the less.

MutantMecha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If we have usb storage as an option that's really what i bought it for tbh.
my micro usb to usb a connector for my snes is most annoying. I've been looking into the sd solution haven't gotten a spare weekend yet tho

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bahh i prefer to use nintendo switch with retroarch, is the same emulator as mini psx

Yeah, and I bet dollars to donuts it runs better too. The ARM CPU inside the PSX Classic is pretty low-end and PCSX ReARMed wasn't even properly optimized; the fact an emulator can run better on unofficial hardware than official hardware is hilarious.

Reactions: aerios169

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It runs badly everywhere. 50hz hasn't been used in ages in Europe but i do see a lot of people pressuming that. Not saying you do but youtubers like rgt85 do
50Hz runs pretty much on any flatscreen TV, US, EU or anywhere else. Yes, modern gaming systems don't use "PAL vs NTSC" frequency anymore, they are usually 1080p 60hz.
The issue with PAL PSX games is that the gameplay runs slower than NTSX and for people that grew up in the PAL area, that's not an issue. In fact, for europeans the games "feel" like they did back then when we played them - arguably not really a bad thing.
For NTSC regions, that's different, though. They were used to the games running in 60hz, resulting in faster gameplay.

It's something I notice every time when running the US version of games like Super Mario Bros. 3 on any NES emulator (including the NES classic) - it runs faster, the music sounds different, etc. It just doesn't feel like what I used to play as a kid. And Sony caused the same issue for americans now - for this audience, the PAL games feel too slow and from what I could gather this affects not only a few games of the lineup but quite a considerable portion.

What would be nice to know: What mode does the PS Classic run at when playing these PAL games? Does it switch to 1080p 50Hz or does it run at 1080p 60Hz with interpolated frames? That would most likely look horrible.

captaineos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
50Hz runs pretty much on any flatscreen TV, US, EU or anywhere else. Yes, modern gaming systems don't use "PAL vs NTSC" frequency anymore, they are usually 1080p 60hz.
The issue with PAL PSX games is that the gameplay runs slower than NTSX and for people that grew up in the PAL area, that's not an issue. In fact, for europeans the games "feel" like they did back then when we played them - arguably not really a bad thing.
For NTSC regions, that's different, though. They were used to the games running in 60hz, resulting in faster gameplay.

It's something I notice every time when running the US version of games like Super Mario Bros. 3 on any NES emulator (including the NES classic) - it runs faster, the music sounds different, etc. It just doesn't feel like what I used to play as a kid. And Sony caused the same issue for americans now - for this audience, the PAL games feel too slow and from what I could gather this affects not only a few games of the lineup but quite a considerable portion.

What would be nice to know: What mode does the PS Classic run at when playing these PAL games? Does it switch to 1080p 50Hz or does it run at 1080p 60Hz with interpolated frames? That would most likely look horrible.
You won't believe me but the PSOne Classic just drops 50 frames into the fixed 720p60 output. It doubles the frame delay to pad out the 50 to 60 :_S

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You won't believe me but the PSOne Classic just drops 50 frames into the fixed 720p60 output. It doubles the frame delay to pad out the 50 to 60 :_S
so wait.

1. it's not even 1080p? Only 720p? Wow, that's disappointing.
2. It duplicates frames to output the 50Hz video on a 60Hz display mode? Wow, that's even worse.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i can say its only going to be a matter of time before someone figures it out. it IS possible get the nand to be detected on a pc. I am leaving it at that(and yes soldering required).
im pretty sure someone way smarter than me will figure out what needs to be done so not sure i want to bother from here. lol.
also this may need a more technical thread. i understand peoples desire to "vent" but every playstation classic thread turns into a hate fest on the device(i know most people believe it sucks)

anyways i dont give this long before its figured out.

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
ok. i can say its only going to be a matter of time before someone figures it out. it IS possible get the nand to be detected on a pc. I am leaving it at that(and yes soldering required).
im pretty sure someone way smarter than me will figure out what needs to be done so not sure i want to bother from here. lol.
also this may need a more technical thread. i understand peoples desire to "vent" but every playstation classic thread turns into a hate fest on the device(i know most people believe it sucks)

anyways i dont give this long before its figured out.

Interesting, after we made alot of progress with the sega flashback its time for a new challenge. Count me in :-) Would be cool to have a thread for it.

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just got mine, and was surprised how big, heavy the box was considering how small the unit is, nicely built, controllers are nice, apart from no sticks, but knew that, RR4 looks meh on the big screen, really fuzzy text, plays ok, I have the real psx's so really only bought this in the hope some cool stuff will surface on hack side, so excited what future comes, and kudos for anyone that can mess with it and make it do cool things

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well i was testing if a ps3 controller would work on the playstation classic. At the moment its not working.. but that doesnt mean we will not get it to work. But the playstation classic controller is working on a regulaire computer.

Reactions: flinto

thegame16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well i was testing if a ps3 controller would work on the playstation classic. At the moment its not working.. but that doesnt mean we will not get it to work. But the playstation classic controller is working on a regulaire computer.
how did you get the ps classic controller to run on pc?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about this thing when you can buy a PS3 for the same price or cheaper and be able to play every PS1 game and after hacking can play every PS1 game on the PSN store?

I agree, but I still bought one. It arrived today but I haven't opened it.

I could download an iso and burn a cdr and run them on a real ps1, play them on ps2 with popstarter, play them on ps3, play them on pc.

It's weird, I must be some form of fan boi.

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but I still bought one. It arrived today but I haven't opened it.

I could download an iso and burn a cdr and run them on a real ps1, play them on ps2 with popstarter, play them on ps3, play them on pc.

It's weird, I must be some form of fan boi.

Eh, I'm with you, and know how you feel.

I own every single one of these "classic" re-release machines, no matter how bad they are. I'm a console collector and just can't help it!

Reactions: FreePlayFlorida

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
The B Side of the Board contains a strange looking code. Its directly on the downside where the strange Looking wannabe usb pins are.. someone an idea what this could be¿

Attachments

• AC98F260-1FF5-419E-B2D3-0805A5335567.jpeg
    AC98F260-1FF5-419E-B2D3-0805A5335567.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 208

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The B Side of the Board contains a strange looking code. Its directly on the downside where the strange Looking wannabe usb pins are.. someone an idea what this could be¿

looks like a Datamatrix code. Might be a serialnumber or something like a batch number/manufacturing code.

Reactions: Hekel

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Did i state anything else ? Ofcourse it does. it's always up to and everything below. That is basic knowledge. I really don't get why people keep claiming i'm saying otherwise when that is so basic knowledge. I just don't get it

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did i state anything else ? Ofcourse it does. it's always up to and everything below. That is basic knowledge. I really don't get why people keep claiming i'm saying otherwise when that is so basic knowledge. I just don't get it
Because you did say otherwise.

I directly (and fully) quoted your post saying that "it runs badly everywhere. 50Hz hasn't been used in europe for ages" (paraphrased from memory here) to which I replied that for us europeans, the games run exactly as they did back then. They don't "run badly" for you or me.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because you did say otherwise.

I directly (and fully) quoted your post saying that "it runs badly everywhere. 50Hz hasn't been used in europe for ages" (paraphrased from memory here) to which I replied that for us europeans, the games run exactly as they did back then. They don't "run badly" for you or me.
Because it's basic fucking knowledge. Oh sorry, next time i'll explain a bit for the people who don't understand and know basic knowledge the whole world normally knows. Next time when i say i walked through a door somebody will be like. You didn't say you opened it, wtf are you claiming you can walk through solid objects. Jezus, fuck off with that bullshit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff