• Start date
  • Views 4,779
  • Replies 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted_171835

OP

PlayStation All Stars is its own game. I think that’s really the only way I can answer that. I understand that Smash players – some Smash players, not all Smash players do this – will sort of base how successful PlayStation All Stars as a game is on how accurately it recreates the Smash Brother’s experience. But that’s not really our goal.

Our goal is to create a unique combat experience for PlayStation All Stars that we fully admit borrows from many different kinds of games including Smash, but our goal is not solely replicate the Smash Brother’s experience.

I think based on ten minutes… maybe if you played it ten more minutes you’d have a different appreciation for the game. I just really would ask that players like you, approach it with an open mind. - director Omar Kendal

http://www.gonintend...story&id=180897

And no one is surprised. They even had a Wii in the development studio. I don't care too much about that, though. The entire game seems flawed with the only way to kill an opponent being with 'supers' and characters that clearly don't fit together.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It was quite obvious that the inspiration came from smash bros.
But variety is nice, hope this game turns out good.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little competition is good once in a while, if this game is good enough maybe it will put some pressure on Nintendo to make the next smash even better.

Reactions: 2 people

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
After the youtube tags this is not really a shock. And personally, I found Dissidia completely unenjoyable.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Also ITT soulx not having a clue he's talking about. Killing players with only supers is "bad"? Go play Dissidia Final Fantasy for once.
The "supers" system is bad. It's just fight fight fight with no way to get knocked out until your meter is built up at Level 3 to activate a super that's impossible to avoid. That's a shit battle system right there.

Reactions: 9 people

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Also ITT soulx not having a clue he's talking about. Killing players with only supers is "bad"? Go play Dissidia Final Fantasy for once.

There's a difference between Dissidia's Bravery and HP Attacks and this game's Supers. Now if, in Dissidia you could only finish a fight using an EX Burst, I'd get your meaning. Or if, in Street Fighter, only an Ultra would kill someone, you'd have a point. But this Sony Smash Bros. is basically nothing like those at all. They took Super Smash Bros, removed the percentage system and threw out the ring outs as well, instead replacing both with a Supers system that is the only way to actually kill anyone. That's a terrible gameplay mechanic.

Reactions: 3 people

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the fact its a clone prompts Nintendo to make SSBX play differently but also hold to the spirit of SSB. Also, I agree with Soulx in the fact that only being able to beat them with a special of somekind really limits the play style. Also, Dissidia only pulled it off because of the fact it was a 3D fighter and players could easily flee or fight because of the size and traversablity of stages so insane balls to the walls kills were much harder to pull.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The whole point is that they got developers from everywhere that had a lot of experience with fighting games to create the best thing possible. Of course they're big Super Smash Bros. players, since SSB is huge.

That doesn't mean that this won't be anything different from Smash Bros. Most shooters this generation heavily borrowed from the Call of Duty games, but that doesn't mean we should all ignore them and play Call of Duty instead.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it seems to similar in some aspects to SSB I just don't get exited by the trailers, seems to me that the game will be boring...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
[sarcasm]Wow, what a surprise![/sarcasm]
I kinda hope Nintendo does sue over this, that way Sony will finally start coming up with own original ideas for once.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it really have to be said? The inspiration is obvious; taking inspiration from a successful, well loved franchise isn't automatically bad, though. Hopefully they can build upon that foundation to create something worthwhile.

Reactions: 2 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
[sarcasm]Wow, what a surprise![/sarcasm]
I kinda hope Nintendo does sue over this, that way Sony will finally start coming up with own original ideas for once.

It's good to know that gamers are so shallow that they prize being able to say "first!" than actually letting people have fun.
SSB wasn't the first to create the crossover fighter.
My point is that Sony has been clearly copying Nintendo's every move and has been able to get away with it without much of a hassle. In the marketing world, copying your competitor normally results in a lawsuit. Even slightly similar features often result in a lawsuit. Yet Sony has gone as far as to copy features like the Wiimote and now this, without any problem.
I honestly don't have a big problem with a little mimicking, but Sony has cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...