Playing PAL/US-Games on JP-Wii, Some questions!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DSPanther, Nov 22, 2009.

1. DSPanther
    OP

DSPanther Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    Well, I'm buying a japanese Wii next week while visiting Tokyo. I'm going to softmodd it with the usual stuff, allowing it to play imports and occasional back-ups. However while serching the net I came across som trubbeling info. The info was quite old though so I decided to post this topic in hope of getting some clearification. My questions are:

1. Will I be able to play all (or close to all) PAL/US-Games with USB-loader on my japanese Wii?

2. Will some games only display japanese text and audio even though it's an english version game?

Maybe the smarter thing would be to buy a PAL Wii or maybe use AnyRegionChanger? Or is the compatibility issue very small or even non-existing?

Thank you for your time!

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    1] yes. USB loaders override most settings and can play most games no problem.

2] i doubt it, if they do you can force the video to NTSC.

3. DSPanther
    OP

DSPanther Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    Excellent, thank you for the answers and also, thank you for the superb mod-guide. Will definitely use it as soon as I have my Wii!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice