Playing other games than Smash with the Gamecube Adapter?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by AMartinCorcoles, Jan 4, 2017.

1. AMartinCorcoles
    OP

AMartinCorcoles Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    Hi ! I've been following the development of this scene since last summer, and I haven't seen any kind of Homebrew that allows to play any game like Mario Kart 8 with the Gamecube adapter and controllers. I have 4 GC Controllers and I hate not being able to play with them with my friends more than Smash. Is it possible in the future to have this? Do we already have it? Sorry for my bad English, and if this was asked before I missed it. I really researched about this.
    Thanks in advance!

2. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Greece
    Downtown Jigoku
    We already have this. Also works for DualShock 3/DualShock 4 controllers, not just the GameCube adapter.
    I'm not sure if it works for multiple GameCube controllers plugged into the adapter, but I've played Mario Kart 8 with it and it works great.

Of course, with the GameCube controller you're gonna lack 3 buttons.
    The minus button, the ZL button, and the home button. But you can play quite a few games without the need of those.

Last edited by yoshinatsu, Jan 4, 2017
    BORTZ likes this.
  3. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
  4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    The other answer is to get adapters to plug the GameCube controllers into wiimotes.

5. yoshinatsu

yoshinatsu GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Greece
    Downtown Jigoku
    Mario Kart 8 works with Wiimote + Classic Controller, but most other Wii U games don't.
    HID to VPAD simulates the controls of a Wii U Gamepad, so it works with every Wii U game (well, provided that game doesn't require the use of touch screen controls).

Last edited by yoshinatsu, Jan 4, 2017
  6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Well that's dumb.

7. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    hippy dave likes this.
  8. AMartinCorcoles
    OP