Playing online in Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by retrospect, Mar 30, 2015.

1. retrospect
    OP

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    ...so I can't play online without updating Emunand to the latest Nintendo firmware, and I can't update Emunand to the latest Nintendo firmware because it doesn't work yet?

Also, will updates still be downloaded automatically in Emunand, like they are on Sysnand? I'm guessing not but haven't found confirmation yet.

Cheers

2. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Why can't you play online? AFAIK there are no games that require you to be on the latest firmware.

3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    What games do you want to play online? All online games, (except Pokemon Shuffle & Bank) have updates that are independant of your system software and can be installed separately from other online sources.

4. retrospect
    OP

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    Ah. This is good news. Thanks guys. Smash Bros 4 :)

I installed a legit CIA to Emunand 9.0, so I guess I can just go online with it now... and not worry about anything going wrong :) Right?

5. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You need to install the update file. You can find it in cia format on THAT website

6. pinserz

pinserz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    I use a sky3ds and I'm on FW 9.0. How do I update an individual game to play online without going to the eShop?

7. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You need a Gateway to install game updates without updating the firmware

pinserz likes this.