ROM Hack Playing old savegames with unmatching NNIDs?

MaladroitJoypad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there!

Now, I got finally Luma+al9h and I was wondering if I may got new possibilities regarding my old problem. Almost every physical 3DS game copy has a stupid "lock" on their savegame files which wont allow you access old savegame files, if you format your 3DS and get a new NNID. You get errors like "Savedata is corrupted" - but thats actually not the case, I tested it with SuMo, the cartrigdes just check if the NNIDs are matching, if not you are fucked.

I know about some savedata dumpers/transfer programs, but in the past I tested like 5 of them and none of them worked (on rxTools emunand).

Is there anything I can test? It just would be great to get my 1200hrs MH4U save data back

Edit: Sorry Mods, I dont know where to post this thread, Sorry, if it is the wrong forum.

D

Deleted User

please mate, stop using rxtools or it may end up screwing u up. iirc it doesnt work with version 11.4...

anyways I use jksm and it works 80% of the time, when it doesnt I start a new save, back it up, replace the backup with the intended backup, delete save, then inject my intended backup. i dont remember which one but there is an app that resets a unique id (or however its named) which is a number the game generates and checks the save against. and after this is reset u can inject the save...

MaladroitJoypad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please mate, start reading. :vul2:

Edit: JKSM is one of the save data backers I tried unsuccessfully. Maybe it works now, but its somehow mad to try the same stuff over and over again with the same result. If you only could remember what the app was called, would be a great help.

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,
D

Deleted User

Please mate, start reading. :vul2:

Edit: JKSM is one of the save data backers I tried unsuccessfully. Maybe it works now, but its somehow mad to try the same stuff over and over again with the same result. If you only could remember what the app was called, would be a great help.
have you read what I wrote? I sugested that u install luma and a9lh...
hiw have you dumped the save in the first place?

D

Deleted User

oy mate sorry I spotted some old hacks u mentioned
I know about some savedata dumpers/transfer programs, but in the past I tested like 5 of them and none of them worked (on rxTools emunand).
I fucking read what u wrote, and am the only one here who tries to help. dont want it? just say it and I will stop wasting my time on u...

I asked, what did u use to backup it in the first place?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you copied the saves files out of the Nintendo 3DS folder, you'll need the XORPad from the NAND or whatever to decrypt it. Without it, you're SOL. If you used some program to properly back it up, then use that same program to restore it.

MaladroitJoypad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@natanelho Everything I tried didnt work at all, so I dont even remember if I ever successfully back uped a save file. The other method you mentioned wont work either, because the game forces you to delete all save data before you create a new file, so you cant swap anything.

@pixelmasher There are no save files, if you played on a physical copy. There is only extra data like Guild Quests (MH4U). Save files are stored on the cartrigde itself.

I guess I give JKSM another shot, maybe they fixed some issues. Back then, you only could back up stuff, if the game was at least started once properly, but as I said earlier, the game forces you to delete the "corrupted data" before you start the game. Dammit Nintendo.

EDIT: OK, here we go: first I backed up my save files from the catridge with JKSM - but before I restored it, I checked if the game would give me the same error message - and! it didnt do nuffin! I just can play now. :D

Thanks guys, for helping anyways. :yaysp:

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Firstly I can tell you that NNID has nothing to do with your problem.

About MH, JKSM has some troubles with some monster hunter games. As well with the Japanese version of Fire Emblem If. I suggest try using one of the Nintendo dev apps called SaveDataFiler. It isn't as user friendly as JKSM but works for every game. Don't forget to erase the secure value before importing the save. That "lock" on physical card can be bypassed using this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

I am not a big fan of MH but if Savedatafiler won't work, you can try this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4w2xtq/guide_backing_up_your_mhgenmhx_save_file/

What natanelho trying to tell you is:
1. (if you already haven't done this) Make a backup of the save file you want to use

2. Format your 3DS (if that's what you try to achieve)

3. Now, you are at the point MH will tell you that your save is corrupted or even doesn't have a save at all. Just choose for new game and play until you can save the game

4. Take a backup of your "new game save file"

5. Copy over the content from your "good" backup folder to your "new game" backup folder

6. Inject your "new game" backup with the same backup tool and it should work correctly.

Note that JKSM having problems with MH games, so it could be that it doesn't work.

Lastly, I would like to suggest you not yelling at other forum members.
We all know having a problem annoys you, but that doesn't mean you need to annoys other people as well. You can't blame us trying to help you.

I hope this post will be helpful solving your problem

PS: Can you tell us why you are using rxtools while you get LUMA+AL9H?
Luma can launch emunand as well, I don't understand why you're still using rxtools.

Last edited by JordenNixNix,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Firstly I can tell you that NNID has nothing to do with your problem.

About MH, JKSM has some troubles with some monster hunter games. As well with the Japanese version of Fire Emblem If. I suggest try using one of the Nintendo dev apps called SaveDataFiler. It isn't as user friendly as JKSM but works for every game. Don't forget to erase the secure value before importing the save. That "lock" on physical card can be bypassed using this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

I am not a big fan of MH but if Savedatafiler won't work, you can try this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4w2xtq/guide_backing_up_your_mhgenmhx_save_file/

What natanelho trying to tell you is:
1. (if you already haven't done this) Make a backup of the save file you want to use

2. Format your 3DS (if that's what you try to achieve)

3. Now, you are at the point MH will tell you that your save is corrupted or even doesn't have a save at all. Just choose for new game and play until you can save the game

4. Take a backup of your "new game save file"

5. Copy over the content from your "good" backup folder to your "new game" backup folder

6. Inject your "new game" backup with the same backup tool and it should work correctly.

Note that JKSM having problems with MH games, so it could be that it doesn't work.

Lastly, I would like to suggest you not yelling at other forum members.
We all know having a problem annoys you, but that doesn't mean you need to annoys other people as well. You can't blame us trying to help you.

I hope this post will be helpful solving your problem

PS: Can you tell us why you are using rxtools while you get LUMA+AL9H?
Luma can launch emunand as well, I don't understand why you're still using rxtools.
and I also meant(fuck grammer) he should reset this secure and I dont remember what program I used to do so... if he backed up the save with older methods I think they dump the encrypted save or something then it wont match other carts/whatever so he should use jksm next time which extracts the decrypted save data which can be injected more easily. please dont tell me im wrong, as I might be, because of using wrong terms... thats how I understand it.. it worked like that back in the day gatewait was still dominant...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo