Homebrew Playing music on the Wiimote's Built-in speaker

Yayplez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ooh! that'll be a great idea, like you connect it to your PC then play music off your remote. I don't know if this will work, but what if we had CFW on the wiimote, so we could use it to play like one song as an mp3 player

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you guys are really trying to play music/songs via that micro "speaker" ?? and 16K worth of memory ?
I don't know where that 16K is from, but it is LO-fi...I was hoping to stream some short, lo-fi content. Short, like stings, if you will. Not actual music, no.
It's at least possible, there just aren't libraries because no-one with the capacity to author one is interested - I think.

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't know where that 16K is from, but it is LO-fi...I was hoping to stream some short, lo-fi content. Short, like stings, if you will. Not actual music, no.
It's at least possible, there just aren't libraries because no-one with the capacity to author one is interested - I think.
according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Memory, and only 4K available for game use!

Reactions: kaisersozeh

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii Remote... as a music player? I would like to see that happen!

Unfortunately, the audio on those things are a bit poor quality. Sound effects do not come through well on mine; they seem to stutter when taken too far from the console, say, three feet. Of course, I have a Wii Mini and rechargeable batteries, so that may be the issue with mine. Still, the output quality is not superb, but it's do-able.

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Unfortunately, the audio on those things are a bit poor quality. Sound effects do not come through well on mine; they seem to stutter when taken too far from the console, say, three feet. Of course, I have a Wii Mini and rechargeable batteries, so that may be the issue with mine. Still, the output quality is not superb, but it's do-able.
Where would I start working out how to do this, do you have example code you could point me to? thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Memory, and only 4K available for game use!
Just having a scan through the wiibrew article, it looks like the wiimote memory acts as a bucket for media streamed from the wii. That's not the limit, per se, you can keep on filling the bucket, it's the bluetooth bandwidth, apparently?
Dog rough is fine for my needs...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just having a scan through the wiibrew article, it looks like the wiimote memory acts as a bucket for media streamed from the wii. That's not the limit, per se, you can keep on filling the bucket, it's the bluetooth bandwidth, apparently?
Dog rough is fine for my needs...

yes, streaming poor quality and real short audio clips are doable as have been done in games, but the OP and others are hyped with playing music...

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes, streaming poor quality and real short audio clips are doable as have been done in games, but the OP and others are hyped with playing music...
I just thought I'd quote your post to thank you for repeatedly quoting mine, without reading them, only to patronise and then misinform in your reply. If you don't like it, just don't be so smug when you're wrong. thanks.
EDIT - Rather, just don't tag or quote me unless you actually have something to say. thanks.

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Sorry to bother you, but just to clarify - you got your own media to play through the wiimote speaker, albeit very short and lo-fi?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother you, but just to clarify - you got your own media to play through the wiimote speaker, albeit very short and lo-fi?
Ah, not my own music, no. I meant while playing games that support the Wii Remote's speakers. I don't actually have homebrew that plays music through them, but I'd like to try it.

Reactions: kaisersozeh

JoeyDSI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only idea I have is possibly to heavily mod a game that uses wiimote audio to load sounds from a menu from a specific folder on sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...