Hacking Playing import games

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried my best to read the stickies so that I would not have to post a total noob post, But it is all so darn complicated!

I just want to do one thing:

Take my US Wii and play import Japanese games on it. Can someone please give me a link/info?

Thank you.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arg. I understand these guides are straight forward to the right person, But I have never messed with a Wii before. They really make no sense to me.

Is there a noob guide? such as:

Download file A, get an SD card, make a folder "hack", extract into that folder, insert in Wii, you will see x and y, click on x and then do a and b.

Cuz all that technical mumbo jump makes no sense to someone with no software creating experience.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arrgh. It's about retail discs guys!!!

I recommend using Gecko OS for your import games. For that you need the Homebrew Channel installed. And to install that you need bannerbomb. So follow that guide and stop after installing HBC, then get Gecko OS on your sd card and boot it from HBC.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
I recommend using Gecko OS for your import games. For that you need the Homebrew Channel installed. And to install that you need bannerbomb. So follow that guide and stop after installing HBC, then get Gecko OS on your sd card and boot it from HBC.
That is the safest method, but it's very annoying to use (in my opinion). Launch Wii, go to HBC, launch Gecko, launch Game...I would only do this if you want to be 100% save. And you have to install HBC, which you maybe don't want.

If you aren't feared of messing (a bit) with your Wii and have an good TV that can play the Signals without any need to force a Videomode, I would have a look at Startpatch. It patches the Systemmenu permanently*, and disables the Region-Checks, so you can play your Imports like normal games from the Disc Channel. It's pretty clean, in my opinion (since you don't install HBC, and you only need to run it once).

*If you'll update to a new Menu, it will be gone, and you can also remove it manually from the App.

So I would get Bannerbomb, run the Startpatch.dol, apply the Region-Free Hack, and enjoy. But everything at your risk...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Arrgh. It's about retail discs guys!!!

Thats what I am saying. After that guide then we will help him further. Now you did.
smile.gif

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
WiiPower said:
That is the safest method, but it's very annoying to use (in my opinion). Launch Wii, go to HBC, launch Gecko, launch Game...I would only do this if you want to be 100% save. And you have to install HBC, which you maybe don't want.

If you aren't feared of messing (a bit) with your Wii and have an good TV that can play the Signals without any need to force a Videomode, I would have a look at Startpatch. It patches the Systemmenu permanently*, and disables the Region-Checks, so you can play your Imports like normal games from the Disc Channel. It's pretty clean, in my opinion (since you don't install HBC, and you only need to run it once).

*If you'll update to a new Menu, it will be gone, and you can also remove it manually from the App.

So I would get Bannerbomb, run the Startpatch.dol, apply the Region-Free Hack, and enjoy. But everything at your risk...

I am really not sure what to trust. If it was YOUR Wii, and you had to play import games, what would you do? (other than buy a japanese wii duh!!)

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am really not sure what to trust. If it was YOUR Wii, and you had to play import games, what would you do? (other than buy a japanese wii duh!!)
[/quote]

You obviously don't know what you're doing so go for the safer option(install the HBC and setup Gecko OS), it's safe, easy and gets the job done without all the kefuffle.
Startpatch can easily brick your wii if its put in the wrong hands, just play it safe.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evil-Popeye said:
You obviously don't know what you're doing so go for the safer option(install the HBC and setup Gecko OS), it's safe, easy and gets the job done without all the kefuffle.
Startpatch can easily brick your wii if its put in the wrong hands, just play it safe.

Thank you.

And thank you to all the others too!!!!

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am necroing my thread for a sec.

I wanted to know, when looking for backup roms, what is the extension that I should look for? .elf/dol? I see many .iso, which require you to burn it to a dvd, but I am interested in playing from the USB port. Is it the same type of extension?

Also, I found some .iso that are unreadable when mounted or burned. Is there someway to extract the rom file from those?

Thanks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyborgLizard said:
Hello, I am necroing my thread for a sec.

I wanted to know, when looking for backup roms, what is the extension that I should look for? .elf/dol? I see many .iso, which require you to burn it to a dvd, but I am interested in playing from the USB port. Is it the same type of extension?

Also, I found some .iso that are unreadable when mounted or burned. Is there someway to extract the rom file from those?

Thanks.
.ISO. You use Wii Backup Manager or a WBFS manager to put them onto a hard drive and play them with a USB loader

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so far, but I am sorry I am a total noob. Here is what I have done so far:

1) hbc installed (could install as boot2
2) backed up nand and is safely on my computer

I am trying to play a backup .iso off of an 8gig usb drive (formatted FAT32). I have ben looking at USB loader GX but am having trouble figuring out what do download and where to put the iso....

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TempusC said:
Alternate, much easier, non-pirate method:

Run Riivolution or GeckoOS from HBC or Bannerbomb. Since you already installed HBC, HBC is easier.

Riivolution - http://rvlution.net/riivolution.zip
GeckoOS - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ocarina#Ocarina

Both of those programs will let you run import discs just fine with no complicated crap.
Yeah, Riivolution should work. GeckoOS probably won't work, I thought that GeckoOS won't run from Bannerbomb? Or did they fixed that
unsure.gif
?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-