Hacking Playing foreign region GC games on Wii?

ShufuP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm interested in softmodding my PAL Wii primarily in order to play my old NTSC Gamecube game discs. Will this be possible? (running NTSC GC game discs on a PAL Wii)
Thanks

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as your tv supports an ntsc signal there should be no trouble in doing that

ShufuP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I just installed the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii and made a backup of nand and keys, I tried running my US GC discs and they weren't readable so I take it that I still have stuff to install? something like Gecko OS? (is there a best choice?)

Edit: Just did some searching around, StartPatch seems nice because it runs from the disc channel, so should I install IOS236 and StartPatch (or are there better choices?)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would use priiloader since that gives you a brick protection too. You can also use gecko os or neogamma to play other region gamecube games, they are some nice neogamma autoboot channels which automatically boot the disc in drive like the disc channel.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Most should be fine once set up correctly. What's troublesome are the specific Japanese GC games with errors running under incorrect language mode. I've got a chipped GC to know about this.

For affected titles you'll want to find some way to trick Wii into thinking it's a Japan system. I'm not sure of the specifics how to do that though...
Radirgy as an example. When in English setting, it cannot save progress. The game waits upon attempting to access memory cards. You have to remove all cards then it'll resume normal play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on