GCN Playing/Converting .spd/.spt Sound Files From "Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes"

TheRenegadist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been pulling my hair out for the last two hours trying to figure out how to convert the .spd and .spt audio files found within Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes into a standard audio format but I've found no help online and what help I did find was an old outdated tutorial for Windows 7 that does not apply to Windows 10.

I know you have to install vgmstream but I haven't been able to get it to work and I'm so frustrated that at this point I'm hoping someone can post the one audio file I need from the game on here. I'm just looking to extract the HK PSG1 sniper firing sound and it's totally bogus that I have to go through hell and back just to get it. If anyone could help me out here I'd be extremely thankful as I'm sure someone already has all this crap set up, many thanks in advance!

TheRenegadist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone, surely someone has everything set up to extract and convert sounds, if it helps any here's a video of the sound I need in action:

Lazlo52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VGMStream, you say? I have the foobar2000 plugin for VGMStream and l had updated it a couple months ago, too. When l make a text file and rename it to the extensions you mentioned, the .spd shows up as an openable file. However, .spt does not. And for what it means, the music l have for Twin Snakes are .dsp files.

Maybe you can try the foobar2000 version of VGMStream? Foobar itself can convert audio to .wav and such, as well as play audio. Or, you could upload an .spd and l'll see if it plays any good sound.

TheRenegadist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, do you have any tutorials you could link for installing VGMStream using Foobar? When I was trying to do so for Winamp all tutorials were outdated or didn't work.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Reactions: Lazlo52

TheRenegadist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the both of you, for some strange reason most of the banks inside the "audio" directory had the exact same sound files but it's when I opened the "shared" banks that I found what I needed. Both of you guys rock and now that I know how to extract sound bank files I'm going to go on a extracting spree getting a ton of my favorite sounds from these old GC games.

Much appreciated!

Reactions: Barawer

Lazlo52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so they were both an archive type. I guess foobar wouldn't have worked for that step anyway. Thanks for showing up, Barawer. Have fun ripping sounds, Renegadist.

Reactions: Barawer

BenoSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey anyone still helping here? I found those file formats in a game called pickles. It was cancelled in 2007 and has a lot of unused music sounds ect. please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated