Play Wiiware games on any wii straight from an SD card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by edg0023, Nov 23, 2009.

1. edg0023
    OP

Member edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi everyone,

I have wiiware games saved in my SD card by moving them from the system menu to the SD card. I know that they can only be played from the SD card from the original wii, but i want to know is if there is a homebrew app or something similar that will allow those games to be played from the sd card on any wii. That way I can just take my sd card and play the wiiware games in it at my friends house on his wii.

Thanks

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    It will only work if you have both installed the same WiiWare wad and have the same ticket saved on your Wiis. There is no homebrew app that removes the need for tickets when playing Wiiware.

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    it should be possible with nand emu from SD, but ive never tried messing with it

4. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Thats so not worth it. Hes talking about taking his wiiware games to his friends house. His friend needs to have BootMii and they would have to back up his friends NAND every time they come over. Thats not only time consuming but dangerous. I dont know about you but I'm not willing to risk deleting all my stuff every time I wanna play excitebike or something.

But your never gonna get something that meets your expectations. The way tickets work is too much to make anything like this streamlined.

5. edg0023
    OP

Member edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I guess there is no solution to this. Maybe, A coder can try creating a homebrew app that allows any wii to run wiiware titles from any SD card

6. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    install the same wad thats on your wii onto his wii, then cant the channel be launched on both wii's from the SD card menu? i've never tried this but couldnt that work?

7. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Triiforce? Or am I missing something from your requirements?