Play online on an older system version using SEN Enabler on CEX/DEX

Discussion in 'PS3 - Tutorials' started by Eveldee, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Eveldee
    OP

Eveldee Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    Play online on an older system version using SEN Enabler on CEX/DEX
    Hi, I saw that a lot of people were trying to go online but can't because of the new 4.85 update. So, here come my first guide for the Playstation 3.
    If you want to stay on your current CFW but still want to go online, this guide is made for you.

Requirements:

• Make sure to Disable SEN access in SEN Enabler if you already used it.
    • Download SEN Enabler in it's latest version and install it.

Instructions:

Once you have installed SEN Enabler, launch it from the XMB. Go to Spoof Options, then select Enable SEN access.
    Once it is done, it should display a success message, and ask you to reboot, do it.

Now, check in System Settings > System Informations, and you should see 4.85 as your current firmware.
    Before connecting to PSN, never forget to disable CFW, by running SEN Enabler while pressing R2 till you hear the 'beep'.
    CFW will be disabled until reboot. If some icons on your XMB disappear, you can start SEN Enabler while pressing L1, it will re-enable CFW and your icons should be back.

Thank you for following this guide, I hope it will help you, don't forget to ask questions if you have any.

Enjoy, Eveldee.

2. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    Nice guide. This sort of straightforward explanation is sorely needed in the PS3 scene from my experience.

Eveldee likes this.
  3. Eveldee
    OP

Eveldee Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    Thank you, I plan to make a guide on how to run game backups, just need to find the time to write it.

4. Mrguggy10

Mrguggy10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I do these steps, and my ps3 enters this screen when I boot a game (COD:BOII) upload_2019-9-13_16-56-49.

5. Eveldee
    OP

Eveldee Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    France
    Well, maybe your controller disconnect when you try to play a game be it shouldn't have something to do with SEN Enabler.
    Try to do what it says, or try with other games and see what happen.