Hacking Platnium Migration W/ M3 GBA Expansion

DaRealChrono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll repeat this once again. NOT on an EZ FLash 3-in-1, on the M3 GBA Expansion pack...Just to be extra clear, I'm using a M3 GBA Expansion Pack, NOT a EZ Flash, so don't post fixes that only apply to the EZ Flash...

Anyways, I just beat Platinum and was looking forward to migrating some Pokemon over to from my Leaf Green rom, and it seems Platinum isn't recognizing the rom through the linkage. I find that strange, considering that when I attempted migration through Pal Park on my Pearl rom, which was a clean rom, it worked flawlessly.

Yes I have the National Dex, and my Platinum rom is linked to my Leaf Green rom. So what is it that's going on? How can the migration work between Diamond and Pearl and not Platinum? Is there a way to fix this? Am I just doing something wrong?

PGdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure about this, but are the roms from the same region? I'm unsure if this has an effect but the suggestion is there. (Likely to be incorrect)

A last resort could be to put it into Pearl, and trade with someone, and then trade into Platinum...?

mistwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it doesn't work at this point, but I hope it will be fixed in a path or two, if we are lucky! I don't want to migrate from the old games, as I haven't played them, but I .would. like to catch the insertion-only pokemon.

DaRealChrono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to check up on this, it's been a while since I've updated my DS (let alone played it).

Now that 1.41 is out, has this been addressed? I declare I don't understand how this could potentially still be a problem when the Pal Park works just fine between roms for Diamond and Pearl.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The M3 Real/zero slot1 has a built in migration program for pokemon. In the interface game config is the setting for transfering it.

If your trying to import it to a legit game from the M3 GEP, your out of luck because the M3 GEP is a SDRAM device and can't store a game after you turn off the DS. The SDRAM is the same as the PSRAM mode for a 3in1.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not positive, but I believe the reason it doesn't work is because the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum has to be patched to work with sram instead of the save type the gba pokemon games use. A patch has been written for Diamond and Pearl, but last time I looked, there is not one for Platinum yet.
The m3 simply applies the patches to the games when they are run (and then only when they are linked I assume). So until someone fixes Platinum, and the m3 team integrates it in the loader, it won't work.

Again, I am not positive on this, but it is what I have gathered from other threads on the migrating issues.

~dhjohn

DaRealChrono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that, you confused me a little. Is this a new feature? I've seen the GBA linking feature, but nothing specific for Pokemon.

I'm using all roms, and all clean with the M3 GBA Expansion. I haven't tried the migration on 1.41, but I know on 1.36 it doesn't work. I was just wondering if it does now.

dhjohn, with the M3 Expansion, migration works with clean roms for Diamond and Pearl, which is why I said I don't understand how it doesn't work for Platinum.

mistwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
Thier whole setup is geared around doing pokemon, you must be blind or something. Who else would put RTS and RTC capabilities in a GEP and integrate migration capabilities into the M3 slot1?

So have you actually tried it?

I have yet to get this feature to work in Platinum. It works just fine in Diamond and Pearl, but NOT Platinum. It's well and good to say 'They put in game link for this', but that hardly means it is perfect.

DaRealChrono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Thier whole setup is geared around doing pokemon, you must be blind or something. Who else would put RTS and RTC capabilities in a GEP and integrate migration capabilities into the M3 slot1?

First off, there was no reason for you to put this in the assholish way that you just did. I've done nothing to warrant such smart ass remarks. Secondly, maybe if you weren't using all these unnecessary abbreviations, or explaining it in a way normal people could understand, I wouldn't have been confused as to what you were trying to say. Thirdly, I highly doubt the developers put the NDS-GBA linkage in there specifically and only for Pokemon, since many games this feature, and also if that were the case, it would be perfect since it's sole purpose was to work for Pokemon. As you can clearly see, unless your blind, that is not the case.

mistwolf said:
QUOTE(how_do_i_do_that @ Sep 1 2009, 01:37 AM) Thier whole setup is geared around doing pokemon, you must be blind or something. Who else would put RTS and RTC capabilities in a GEP and integrate migration capabilities into the M3 slot1?

So have you actually tried it?

I have yet to get this feature to work in Platinum. It works just fine in Diamond and Pearl, but NOT Platinum. It's well and good to say 'They put in game link for this', but that hardly means it is perfect.

Blah, guess I'll just have to keep waiting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8