Gaming Plants Vs. Zombies DS Thread

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it's impossible for me to upgrade my microSD anymore. i just bought a new one a few weeks because my old when was too slow to handle AP patching, so i got a class 6 transcend, which everyone recommends. i will try messing around with the AP settings i guess and formatting, i will compare the lag issue when i have retail i guess. it's not that bad like i said, only when i have an assload ton of stuff. like if i have 8x 3 lane shooters or whatever it is.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatchetball said:
DryYoshi said:
SmokeFox said:
PopUp Games always had this great ideas for games, bejeweled twist and now this, that is great.
It's PopCap.
Anyway, still waiting for this (don't have an iPhone)

They have it for PC obviously. The Game of the Year edition is the only version worth getting. ($19.99 USD if you actually go buy it...)
By far the best tower defense game I've played. 2 more days
biggrin.gif
... (then another... like 2 weeks waiting for a ROM to appear online)
The ROM is already out...QUOTE(Chesskid1 @ Jan 16 2011, 08:23 PM)
well it's impossible for me to upgrade my microSD anymore. i just bought a new one a few weeks because my old when was too slow to handle AP patching, so i got a class 6 transcend, which everyone recommends. i will try messing around with the AP settings i guess, i will compare the lag issue when i have retail i guess. it's not that bad like i said, only when i have an assload ton of stuff. like if i have 8x 3 lane shooters or whatever it is.
Then the lag issue may be because of the flashcart you're using. I'm using the DStwo with a Class 4 Patriot card, and haven't really had much lag yet (I haven't unlocked the 3-lane shooters yet, but having 20 single-lane shooters don't slow down the game too much.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's the first real PvZ game I ever played (before I played the PvZ DS Homebrew, which kinda sucked) and I gotta say, it's really awesome.

ShadowSoldier said:
BTW, does this game have the zen garden?
Indeed it does.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i don't really know much about the PC version, but it might be a safe guess to say that it uses vector graphics a lot, which helps a ton with fluidity in its animations? the port instead uses bitmap(?) sprites and have few frames in its animations, plus the color range is a bit bland, and quite different from the bright colors we're used to seeing.

true, they could've done more, so much more, but they probably lacked the time/expertise in that department to even come close to something as dynamic as, say, a Pokemon B/W in-battle sprite. but we all know that the DS can handle awesome 2D graphics, assuming the dev teams are up to par, which i think the ones that did the port weren't much.

as for me, i'm a pretty happy camper with i got, so no qualms here.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
danweb said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Man I've never seen people complain so much about the look of a game :/

i see it as a good thing. It means that everything else must be basically perfect!
biggrin.gif

yep, pretty much. just finished adventure mode, and eager to try out the other features that i haven't had a chance to meddle with in the PC version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: