Gaming Plants Vs. Zombies DS Thread

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone tell me what the potato does?
i accidentally forgot to read the description.

my main guess is that it acts as a shield?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basher11 said:
can anyone tell me what the potato does?
i accidentally forgot to read the description.

my main guess is that it acts as a shield?

If it's like the PC game:

It's a Walnut. And yes, it acts as a shield. Zombies chow down on it before they can get through.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, you guys aren't getting lag?

i'm talking every slot filled up with sunflowers and shoooters, all firing , and like 10 zombies on the screen, it lags pretty bad. otherwise it plays great. i'm on acekard akaio 1.8.6a or whatever it is, with a class 6 transcend.

arceusgod12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Plants Vs Zombies Releases is a dump BY Robotkillers

[16/01/2011] Plants_vs._Zombies_USA_NDS-RobotKillers

And

[16/01/2011] Sawaru_Made_in_Wario_v1.2_JPN_NDS-iND

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two Plants vs Zombies dumps. There is what is considered the official scene release (Robotkillers), then there is the non-scene dump (Team Crippler Whoopass!, or something like that).

Obviously the Robotkillers release took precedence in the scene since they have a handful of other official scene releases.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
There are two Plants vs Zombies dumps. There is what is considered the official scene release (Robotkillers), then there is the non-scene dump (Team Crippler Whoopass!, or something like that).

Obviously the Robotkillers release took precedence in the scene since they have a handful of other official scene releases.
Technically, the Crippler Whoopass dump should be considered independent. The "Crippler" came from the forum user who uploaded it, "Great Crippler".

And PopCap kinda sucks at making DS games. The graphics suck, and the DS begins to lag at 4 columns full (well, for me. Some people might have it begin to lag earlier).

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
The graphics suck, and the DS begins to lag at 4 columns full (well, for me. Some people might have it begin to lag earlier).

i didn't know that it was all about graphics. it's all strategy.
and lag is caused by slow SD's.

im not trying to start a flame war, im just getting facts straight.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
basher11 said:
YayMii said:
The graphics suck, and the DS begins to lag at 4 columns full (well, for me. Some people might have it begin to lag earlier).

i didn't know that it was all about graphics. it's all strategy.
and lag is caused by slow SD's.

im not trying to start a flame war, im just getting facts straight.
It's not about graphics. I'm just complaining because the animations aren't as smooth/fluent compared to the iPhone/Xbox/PC versions.
And sure, you may be right about the SD speed bit, but I have a Class 4 8GB microSDHC, and I'm not getting very much lag (I notice at 4 columns of plants because I'm OCD). But that may be because I'm using a DStwo and the SC team did a lot to optimize speed.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE said:
the animations aren't as smooth/fluent compared to the iPhone/Xbox/PC versions.

I wonder why that would be -_-
But there are quite a few DS games that have just as much fluent animation as the other versions of PvZ. PopCap's inability to optimize their games is to blame.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the people complaining about lag, it's on your end, aka, your MicroSD. Low quality pic but thats because our digital camera only does 8mp -_-

DSi XL - Acekard 2i - 2GB Kingston MicroSD bought from ShopTemp back in April.
  • 10Sunflowers
  • 10Pea Shooters
  • 5 Frozen Pea Shooters
  • 5 Walnuts
  • 10 Zombies
ss850011.jpg

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Chesskid1 said:
wow this game needs to be recalled. lags like a mofo when you fill the screen. poor job optimizing the game for DS, very disappointed. stick with other versions.

it might be your msd but i doubt it. This game runs very smoothly unless in multiplayer. The game was very well optimized and has every feature from the PC version plus more. Even the ipod touch/iphone doesn't have the zen garden yet (it will have it eventually.)

The one and ONLY thing that i am disappointed with his how the sunflowers look and the plants dance. They no longer look nice bobbing around as they don't do it in unison and i think the sunflowers look a bit too brown. These are so minor and i really don't care at all. Great game, can't wait to buy it.
biggrin.gif

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had three columns of sunflowers, one of repeaters, one of the freezing shooters, one normal shooters, plus walnuts, and on the final wave (which means a bunch of zombies). I had no lag at all.

Soooo, games working pretty good for me.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
For the people complaining about lag, it's on your end, aka, your MicroSD. Low quality pic but thats because our digital camera only does 8mp -_-

• 10Sunflowers
  • 10Pea Shooters
  • 5 Frozen Pea Shooters
  • 5 Walnuts
  • 10 Zombies
ss850011.jpg

thanks for the feedback but you don't even have alot of stuff. i'm talking about repeaters that shoot 5 bullets a time, plants that can shoot down 3 lanes at once x 10 each, covering the screen with junk. in your setup, i don't lag, those are just basic stuff, you are still on the easy levels. it's still playable, but very annoying.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chesskid1 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

• 10Sunflowers
  • 10Pea Shooters
  • 5 Frozen Pea Shooters
  • 5 Walnuts
  • 10 Zombies
ss850011.jpg

thanks for the feedback but you don't even have alot of stuff. i'm talking about repeaters that shoot 5 bullets a time, plants that can shoot down 3 lanes at once x 10 each, covering the screen with junk. in your setup, i don't lag.

I just did that. In the level where you get the cards or whatever to plant, I had every square of grass filled up with all shooters.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
SmokeFox said:
PopUp Games always had this great ideas for games, bejeweled twist and now this, that is great.
It's PopCap.
Anyway, still waiting for this (don't have an iPhone)
They have it for PC obviously. The Game of the Year edition is the only version worth getting. ($19.99 USD if you actually go buy it...)
By far the best tower defense game I've played. 2 more days
biggrin.gif
... (then another... like 2 weeks waiting for a ROM to appear online)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk