Planning to update with ModMii but need to install a cIOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GameGeek, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GameGeek
    OP

Member GameGeek GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    I'm on a 3.3U Wii and planning to update through ModMii. However, I read that I need cIOS249 to play some games I'm interested in. So can I simply install cIOS249 when I'm updating by installing the WADs from copy_to_sd/WAD? If so, what WAD(s) should I remove from the WAD folder so that they don't "overlap"? Thank you.

2. Just use ModMii and update to FW4.2. There are only needed wads in the folder(s). Just use the genereated guide and don't miss steps. Don't install single wads, when you don't know what you are doing.

3. GameGeek
    OP

Member GameGeek GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    I'm updating to 4.1 not 4.2, sorry for not being specific. And I need to install cIOS249 some way or another, so I'm asking if this method is safe.

4. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Use multimodmanager patch ios 36 or install 236 (I havent tried the new version i think it can do that) then you can install all the wads you got with modmii just reload with 36 or 236. I think this app is in modmii too.

5. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Run ModMii and tell it you don't have a hacked Wii. Go through it as if you had a Virgin 3.x version Wii and it will install cIOS249 automatically as part of the process for you. Nothing will "overlap", old versions will be overwritten, but that's not a bad thing at all.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u follow the ModMii Guide, u will have all the cIOSs u need (they're installed during the "install wads" step)

so just follow the guide [​IMG]