planning to buy acekard some questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by silentsaber, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010
  1. silentsaber
    OP

Newcomer silentsaber Member

United States
    okay i originally had an r4ds...but realized even with ysmenu its gonna be outdated i have some questions about the acekard 2i before buying it

1. can i use my 2gb sandisk microSD card on it since its from my old r4 or do i need a different kind like a micro sdhc
    2. is it like the r4ds where u drag and drop the rom into a folder and you are done?
    3. should i completely format my memory card from my r4ds or can i simply just delete the files inside the card...or will this cause problems for the acekard

sry for the questions,but needed to make sure before i buy the acekard to see if i need a new memory card

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    1. You can use your current card
    2. No need to delete anything

3. Bo Abobo

Newcomer Bo Abobo Member

United States
    Yeah you can keep your current card and not delete anything. Installing akaio is really simple and straightforward, just drag and drop. But I do recommend you get a better card if only for faster read and write times, any class 4 micro sdhc really. Its am upgrade worth looking into that helps with compatibility of certain games like portrait of ruin.

4. silentsaber
    OP

Newcomer silentsaber Member

United States
    i have another question...when putting AKAIO into the acekard can i just put in the latest firmware 1.6RC-1 or do i have ot first load 1.5 and then update it?

and how do i update it? is it manual or is there like automatic updates thru wifi or sumthing?

5. Bo Abobo

Newcomer Bo Abobo Member

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154624

Follow the guide above on how to set it up, the new tutorial, you need to download akaio 1.6 and AK2/AK2i loader 1.6 rc as the guide says.

6. dan80315

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should also format the SD card before installing AKAIO on it just to be on the safe side. Use this tool to format it http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=6027 and then install AKAIO.

You don't need to install 1.5 and then 1.6. You can install 1.6 directly.