PKSM - AIO gen7 alternative to PCHex++ with integrated bank

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EventAssistant, Dec 4, 2016.

1. YTElias

YTElias Ashley

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    Will it be updated when Ultrasun/moon comes out?

aliak11 likes this.
  2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Sorry to ask but do you have an ETA on USUM support? I'm guessing after official release at some point but considering the leak and datamine it may help. Thanks again!

3. Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2013
    pkhex needs to support fully the games since this is based on it and that one does not have full support, we have to wait

Last edited by Scorpiopt, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    In addition, the developer is very much anti-piracy and is thus unlikely to release (or even have worked on) a new update before the official release, plus we should give them time to enjoy the game themselves.

PedroKeitawa likes this.
  5. lycilla

lycilla Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United States
    nevermind fixed it

6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm also wondering where the US/UM support is, I thought it would have been updated immediately after the leaks.

7. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    PKSM has never been quick with the updates, nothing wrong, but I guess there will be a release only after the games are out. Still, can we have an estimate of when exactly?

8. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Whenever usum is released and op gets the game l, I believe it has been stated numerous of times because of the gen 1 games but op doesn't believe in piracy so 1) he would never update program to help the pirates and 2) wont update the program till he buys the games and whatnot so yea...can everyone shut up now? Well I tried have a nice day or night bye.

Edit: oops I forgot to include the other quotes too lazy to fix my bad didn't wanna single you out especially since yours not that bad but still no one does eta no more because people whine and bitch when they are not met so yea.

Last edited by lonewolf08, Nov 15, 2017
  9. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    to everyone asking for ETA or where is usum support: why are you not helping in any way to make it happen? There's not justification to your requests.

Eix likes this.
  10. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Most of us aren't coders, and don't know how to help.

TimX24968B likes this.
  11. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    There are plenty of ways to help which doesn't require coding.

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  12. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm all ears for suggestions, I don't know where to get started. I have both .cia files, and I am good with Photoshop if that's needed for icons or whatever...

13. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Legendary Shinobi

Oct 11, 2015
    Japan
    Akihabara
    could i help with something? (i cant programm or do anything complicated)

14. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    In theory, it is open-source and not much has changed between SM & USM. Some addresses may be different (which by now could probably be found on ProjectPokemon) but the structures are mostly the same. If you wanted, you could add USM support on your own branch of PKSM.

That said I am not intending on doing so because I am busy enough doing iOS programming.

15. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    With all due respect, that's a pretty harsh response you gave and I personally prefer something more diplomatic. I know the overload of requests can be annoying but if people had an inkling they could help before you brought it up explicitly, I'm sure help would've been delivered. Or like SciresM on Twitter, dropping loads of info on the games, as does Kaphotics and people at ProjectPokemon, the former of which requesting saves. Instead your response seems like a scaring away from hound dogs rather than something cooler and more leveled.

Eix, tiduscrying, Majickhat55 and 6 others like this.
  16. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Or people can just chill and not be stupid and read other parts of this thread where the same topic came up with the same answers.

17. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I would agree with you but I don't see any posts in this thread that would warrant such a harsh response. I assumed the dev was hounded on PM because I'm reading these and none of them come close to some ungrateful pleb asking "when support come? i want now."

jockep and ThoD like this.
  18. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    I remember when i had to make a save dump, take my SD out, put it on my PC, edit with Pkhex (Pokesav for that matter, old times) and use that save, then repeat.

Anyway, be patient guys, is not gonna take that much.

19. jaderocc

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    @everyone waiting on usum support, why dont yall just get the latest pkhex build since it’s mostly functional w usum already?

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  20. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    If OP needs the game to update the build why doesn't everyone who is crying for usmo support donate money to OP so he can buy the game or even offer instead of just asking and demanding