Homebrew PKMN-NTR: Real-time memory editing program for Pokémon games [WIP]

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First preview of the new PKMN-NTR is up: https://github.com/drgoku282/PKMN-NTR/releases/tag/3.0.6247

For now, only available functions are trainer editing, item editing (same as PKHeX) and pokémon dumping. Most tests should be focused on making sure the editing tabs work in the same way as PKHeX.

Next alpha will include anything that includes writing, including cloning and deleting pokes.

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Be careful using this as I got banned on Pokémon moon for using this. Only edited my trainer info. I wasn't even synced to the server's yet still banned

That was expected, people who edit their trainer data and go online have been banned so far. No ban on my end after changing language but didn't go online.

Also I changed my TID and SID in Moon and go online before and after, no ban, but not synced to PGL.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That was expected, people who edit their trainer data and go online have been banned so far. No ban on my end after changing language but didn't go online.

Also I changed my TID and SID in Moon and go online before and after, no ban, but not synced to PGL.

Little request. There is a lot of space in the Read/Write tab under the button "Dump All Boxes". Can you move "Egg Seed" and "RNG Seed" from Edit Trainer to this tab under this button pls? It will be more useful and faster to see them

Last edited by Real.96,

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
it is possible to run this and the NTR streamer app KitKat (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-kit-kat-the-ultimate-3ds-toolkit-pc-client.453015/) at the same time?

No, AFIK.

this is false actually. i seen a streamer on twitch use this while streaming using ctr-v / kit-kat. they are very kind helping others get pokemon they normally cannot get!

edit: they did wanted me to ask you if it is possible to extract pokemon data off the gts when selecting a trade partner. he wants to do this to make this easier to check trainer shiny values as an example.

Be careful using this as I got banned on Pokémon moon for using this. Only edited my trainer info. I wasn't even synced to the server's yet still banned

how is this possible?

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while now, and following this project with great interest. So far I've managed to stumble through all of the problems I've encountered. I've got an issue which seems to occur every time I run a bot - so the purpose of my post is two fold: 1) hopefully to find a solution, and 2) provide some feedback on the many setups I've tested. To assist, my system specs are below:

New Nintendo 3DS (PAL) (sys 11.2.0-35E | Luma3DS 6.6/NTR 3.4 preview II | A9LH) - achieved though the Homebrew Launcher/Soundhax guide by Plailect

I've since updated to sys 11.3.0-36E | Luma3DS 6.6/NTR 3.4 preview 4.1 | A9LH, as I am not reliant on the homebrew launcher at this time. NTR Boot made possible using Boot Selector 2.5. To note, this caused all manner of problems to my game save, and I needed to rollback to 11.2 using my backed up sysNAND using Hourglass9. I'm at least back to where I was (performance wise) before I updated, so confident the issue is not the 11.3 update.

Other notes:
I'm using a DIGITAL copy of Pokémon Sun - I've disabled Clock+L2 through Luma, as I read there may be an issue with this and digital copies
I have a 32GB SD - formatted and to the recommended spec by Nintendo
My 3DS IP address is set as a DMZ host on my network

I've tried the application on both a Mac and a Windows platform - Ive used both Mono and Wine staging, plus Crossover/.NET Framework 4.5 on the mac setup and all seem to boot fine with no observable difference in performance vs. Windows. I can't seem to get Crossover/Mono to work though which would be useful to know about.

I'm NOT running the NTR Debugger application on my PC/Mac. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether this is in use or not. The onboard debugger for NTR 3.4 IS enabled on my 3DS however. InputRedirection is also working fine on my 3DS.

So the root of my problem is that I seem to manage a variable amount of Soft-Resets (anywhere between 60 - 460) before I receive an error from the PKMN-NTR app informing me that my 3DS RAM can't be read. At this point my 3DS screen sometimes goes black (I know this has been discussed at length) but this doesn't always happen.

TL;DR Version:
1) I'm a novice at this. I've made it this far using Dummies Guides - feel free to treat me as a dumbass.
2) I keep receiving an error that states the PKMN-NTR program cannot read my 3DS RAM after a variable number of Soft Reset attempts
3) I've used a variety of set ups on both Mac and Windows - I cant get Crossover/Mono to work because I don't have the skill to do so

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while now, and following this project with great interest. So far I've managed to stumble through all of the problems I've encountered. I've got an issue which seems to occur every time I run a bot - so the purpose of my post is two fold: 1) hopefully to find a solution, and 2) provide some feedback on the many setups I've tested. To assist, my system specs are below:

New Nintendo 3DS (PAL) (sys 11.2.0-35E | Luma3DS 6.6/NTR 3.4 preview II | A9LH) - achieved though the Homebrew Launcher/Soundhax guide by Plailect

I've since updated to sys 11.3.0-36E | Luma3DS 6.6/NTR 3.4 preview 4.1 | A9LH, as I am not reliant on the homebrew launcher at this time. NTR Boot made possible using Boot Selector 2.5. To note, this caused all manner of problems to my game save, and I needed to rollback to 11.2 using my backed up sysNAND using Hourglass9. I'm at least back to where I was (performance wise) before I updated, so confident the issue is not the 11.3 update.

Other notes:
I'm using a DIGITAL copy of Pokémon Sun - I've disabled Clock+L2 through Luma, as I read there may be an issue with this and digital copies
I have a 32GB SD - formatted and to the recommended spec by Nintendo
My 3DS IP address is set as a DMZ host on my network

I've tried the application on both a Mac and a Windows platform - Ive used both Mono and Wine staging, plus Crossover/.NET Framework 4.5 on the mac setup and all seem to boot fine with no observable difference in performance vs. Windows. I can't seem to get Crossover/Mono to work though which would be useful to know about.

I'm NOT running the NTR Debugger application on my PC/Mac. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether this is in use or not. The onboard debugger for NTR 3.4 IS enabled on my 3DS however. InputRedirection is also working fine on my 3DS.

So the root of my problem is that I seem to manage a variable amount of Soft-Resets (anywhere between 60 - 460) before I receive an error from the PKMN-NTR app informing me that my 3DS RAM can't be read. At this point my 3DS screen sometimes goes black (I know this has been discussed at length) but this doesn't always happen.

TL;DR Version:
1) I'm a novice at this. I've made it this far using Dummies Guides - feel free to treat me as a dumbass.
2) I keep receiving an error that states the PKMN-NTR program cannot read my 3DS RAM after a variable number of Soft Reset attempts
3) I've used a variety of set ups on both Mac and Windows - I cant get Crossover/Mono to work because I don't have the skill to do so

Haven't tested this application with 11.3 version, so no idea how it works so far. Also not sure which version I used yesterday (probably BootNTR 2.5 + NTR 3.4 preview 4 on 11.2) but Wonder trade bot worked as expected. The PKMN-NTR error when the black screen is not present are reconnection issues, sometimes the 3DS just refuses to accept commands, then the application disconnects and reconnects trying to fix that issue, them, probably the program run out from attempts (10 max during the entire run of the bot, iirc) and showed the error message.

About Mac support, I don't have one, so no way to test it and I don't plan to give it support (either Mac/Linux), maybe other users can help you with this issue.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haven't tested this application with 11.3 version, so no idea how it works so far. Also not sure which version I used yesterday (probably BootNTR 2.5 + NTR 3.4 preview 4 on 11.2) but Wonder trade bot worked as expected. The PKMN-NTR error when the black screen is not present are reconnection issues, sometimes the 3DS just refuses to accept commands, then the application disconnects and reconnects trying to fix that issue, them, probably the program run out from attempts (10 max during the entire run of the bot, iirc) and showed the error message.

About Mac support, I don't have one, so no way to test it and I don't plan to give it support (either Mac/Linux), maybe other users can help you with this issue.

Mac user can use Mono/Crossover. I try it and works perfectly

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I really appreciate the response, and thank you for the explanation. Hopefully the feedback on 11.3 is somewhat useful for you. I don't blame you for not wanting to support other platforms, effectively doubling/tripling your workload to support minor communities on Mac/Linux!

Mac user can use Mono/Crossover. I try it and works perfectly

I'd read this before earlier in the thread. I don't suppose I could trouble you for some time to talk me through your process (maybe via pm to save clogging the thread) or pointing me to an idiots guide?

Thank you both for your responses!

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey, is there any way of editing the eggs hatched in a save file?
Thank you!
Put them in the box and edit them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really appreciate the response, and thank you for the explanation. Hopefully the feedback on 11.3 is somewhat useful for you. I don't blame you for not wanting to support other platforms, effectively doubling/tripling your workload to support minor communities on Mac/Linux!

I'd read this before earlier in the thread. I don't suppose I could trouble you for some time to talk me through your process (maybe via pm to save clogging the thread) or pointing me to an idiots guide?

Thank you both for your responses!
There are a lot of guides on youtube. This program is used to run windows application directly on mac

mrpopo470

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Put them in the box and edit them

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are a lot of guide on youtube. This program is used to run windows application directly on mac
Sorry, I wasn't quite specific in my question. I was asking if u could edit like the statistics, the "eggs hatched" parameter (the one that syncs with poke bank).
ty

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I wasn't quite specific in my question. I was asking if u could edit like the statistics, the "eggs hatched" parameter (the one that syncs with poke bank).
ty
The flag that tell the game if the pokemon is still an egg or not, right? It is in the last version of the program

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy