Homebrew PKMN-NTR: Real-time memory editing program for Pokémon games [WIP]

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is it normal that in soft resetting mirage spot, it soft resets without even seeing the pokemon?

Yes as long the battle is triggered and it shows up in the tabs.

Hi, I just wanted to test the Soft Reset Bot with Ho-Oh in Omega Ruby, and sadly it doesn't work at all. It does the first soft reset just fine but then tries to take the step towards too early, i.e. when the game is still at the title screen. Afterwards it just keeps pressing A to try and trigger the encounter.
used the resume bot option in this example but it doesn't work without it either. I'm using the most recent version of the programm, freshly downloaded and compiled from GitHub.

I never tested it with Ho-Oh, however, when does the bot try to do the step exactly, in the intro animation, title screen or continue scrren?

On another note: I always get an error when I open the programm saying that it doesn't find the file D:\ip.txt

Change the build configuration from "Debug" to "Release"

Last edited by drgoku282,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes as long the battle is triggered and it shows up in the tabs.

I never tested it with Ho-Oh, however, when does the bot try to do the step exactly, in the intro animation, title screen or continue scrren?

Change the build configuration from "Debug" to "Release"

Thanks for the hint about the build config :)
The bot tries to do the step at the continue screen.

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Digital and New 3DS

Then the problem could be on your SD card, since it loses connection after a soft-reset, the cutscene/title screen/etc. skip is time-based, configured to 9 seconds after a soft-reset. Since you can compile the program, here's the workaround:

In the Solution Explorer go to Bots folder and open SoftResetbot6.cs, Ctrl+F for "skip intro", it will send you to line 577, I think. Above that line is the instrucionn

await Task.Delay(36 * commanddelay);

Change the 36 for some higher number, like 40 or 44, an increase of 4 will make the program wait one more second. Compile again and test.

Reactions: MichiS97

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then the problem could be on your SD card, since it loses connection after a soft-reset, the cutscene/title screen/etc. skip is time-based, configured to 9 seconds after a soft-reset. Since you can compile the program, here's the workaround:

In the Solution Explorer go to Bots folder and open SoftResetbot6.cs, Ctrl+F for "skip intro", it will send you to line 577, I think. Above that line is the instrucionn

Change the 36 for some higher number, like 40 or 44, an increase of 4 will make the program wait one more second.

This problem is also on 6 gen event bot in digital games. I think this problem is for all 6gen digitale games. On event bot it is fixed thanks to the check of the A button pressing. Here there is no check for the step i think....

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Change the 36 for some higher number, like 40 or 44, an increase of 4 will make the program wait one more second. Compile again and test.

I actually think that my SD card is messing something up. I also get these black screens after soft resetting very often compared to other users. Many users in this thread have said that they get 1000 or more soft resets basically all the time, the most I ever got was 500, most of the time I can't even get 200 without the black screen. I guess I should format my SD card? That'd be a huge pain with all my installed games and everything...

EDIT: Changing the delay to 44 does the job.

Last edited by MichiS97,

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This problem is also on 6 gen event bot in digital games. I think this problem is for all 6gen digitale games. On event bot it is fixed thanks to the check of the A button pressing. Here there is no check for the step i think....

If it affects all gen 6 soft-reset bots, I might increase the waiting time later, most of my tests were in a physical AS + New 3DS, so I might have missed the timing on a digital game, my digital tests were only on a Y game.

I actually think that my SD card is messing something up. I also get these black screens after soft resetting very often compared to other users. Many users in this thread have said that they get 1000 or more soft resets basically all the time, the most I ever got was 500, most of the time I can't even get 200 without the black screen. I guess I should format my SD card? That'd be a huge pain with all my installed games and everything...

For the low reset number, some people have deleted any existing plugin folder, and that helps to reach higher numbers. Think if it is worth it to format your SD card just for this, in my opinion it does not because there is no guarantee to increase the performance, and as I said before, test with a higher waiting time before doing anything.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it affects all gen 6 soft-reset bots, I might increase the waiting time later, most of my tests were in a physical AS + New 3DS, so I might have missed the timing on a digital game, my digital tests were only on a Y game.

For the low reset number, some people have deleted any existing plugin folder, and that helps to reach higher numbers. Think if it is worth it to format your SD card just for this, in my opinion it does not because there is no guarantee to increase the performance, and as I said before, test with a higher waiting time before doing anything.

I have already deleted the plugin folder and it indeed made me reach higher numbers (couldn't even reach 100 before) but yes, I won't format my SD card as I don't think it's worth it. Like I said in my edit above, adjusting the delay to 44 did the job for me

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also changed the delay in the skiptitle state to 20 instead of 16 because it still tried to do the step a little too soon sometimes

Last edited by MichiS97,

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had to increase the delay in the startgame state as well. I guess the best option would be to add some checks that the step is actually done.

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Had to increase the delay in the startgame state as well. I guess the best option would be to add some checks that the step is actually done.

As I said before connection with the game is lost after a soft-reset, some time ago I tested putting checks during that phase but increases the likelihood of getting a black screen on the next soft-reset, that's why there are no checks.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I said before connection with the game is lost after a soft-reset, some time ago I tested putting checks during that phase but increases the likelihood of getting a black screen on the next soft-reset, that's why there are no checks.
Fair enough. Well it works fine now anyway :) do you want me to give you the values I've set for the delays?

EDIT: shouldn't have said that. Just got stuck again. My idea would be to have a counter which counts how often the bot tries to read the opponent data, if the counter is higher than a reasonable value, let's say 15, make the bot go back into the walking state.

Last edited by MichiS97,

drgoku282

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fair enough. Well it works fine now anyway :) do you want me to give you the values I've set for the delays?

Thanks for the offer, but I can't implement them right now, or during the next weeks, the program is being reworked entirely and currently no bot is working, son I have no way to test any change, will keep that in mind when I check that bot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app