Gaming Piracy syndrome? Try Steam syndrome!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So piracy syndrome is when you have the ability to pirate too many games, and you end up not having much interest in completing them or barely playing them since you see no value in them.

Well, now that I've got steam and have been getting shit left and right from it's sales (and pack deals), I've got more games than I have time to play... and I like having them and want to play them now... but there's not enough free time. XD

Reactions: 9 people

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that piracy thing sucks. I think its because alot of people just download anything and have no invested interest in the game itself. I rarely play my Wii with like 30 games and just play PS3 which isnt hacked. Its so much easier to choose between 3 games in which you researched and tested before buying, as opposed to downloading every new game just because. DAMN YOU INTERNET FOR MAKING ME HATE "FREE" GAMES!!!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that feel.

I've got at least 2 dozen games I haven't even installed, and quite a few that neither of my laptops (both with Intel 4500MHD integrated graphics) can come close to playing. But the deals are so damn good.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never had piracy syndrome, just "this game isn't great" syndrome. At a cost of nothing, it didn't matter though.

On Steam I only buy games i'd actually enjoy playing but I never do anyways, lol. It's like "damn this game looks pretty fun!"
*buys*
*never plays*

Reactions: 1 person

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Happening right now, before i didnt play the games i downloaded, now Im buying stuff on steam >.< , and hardly playing them.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I balance out my pirating and buying retail copies of games.
And the games that I do buy are being backupped legitly.

I usually buy the better games and pirate the other.
Never had Pirates syndrome i guess ;o

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's from when I got my acekard that I'm like this. I have so many games, pirated and legitimately bought, that I'm not able to choose one to play! :(
Although, when I get a game that i'm really interested, I usually play it until I finish it, and then go back to the "what to play, what to play...".

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS REAL! I thought I was the only one. Hey, it's actually sort-of a good thing, you have more time to do important things.. like downloading more games ;D. I own, legit like 40 games on Steam, and I still don't play any of them. It's more fun "collecting" them than playing 'em.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah that piracy thing sucks. I think its because alot of people just download anything and have no invested interest in the game itself. I rarely play my Wii with like 30 games and just play PS3 which isnt hacked. Its so much easier to choose between 3 games in which you researched and tested before buying, as opposed to downloading every new game just because. DAMN YOU INTERNET FOR MAKING ME HATE "FREE" GAMES!!!
I found out a really good method to deal with Piracy Syndrome on the Wii.
Get a 4GB or 8GB USB and only use that for your games, the games will have sort of value as you need to be careful with your memory, making you get a game that is interesting that you will actually play.

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, i have not played even 1/4 of my steam collection, same with the humble bundles.
Just see a good looking, cheap game/collection and buy it with the intent to play it but never to.
One day hopefully i'll get around to them.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
With my hardware limitations, my "Steam Syndrome" has been limited to the indie bundles, of which even some I still can't play, but still I've bought a hell lot of them for over the minimum/average, so I feel your "pain". :(

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I BOUGHT Portal 2, so I of course played the heck out of it :P
If I HAD pirated it, I don't think it would've lasted me that long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played