Piracy is not the problem. Money is.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was well written and thought-inducing.

I stopped pirating when most DS developers turned to shovelware for money, and for the last few years I have been buying physical copies. I personally find that the quality when playing games increases when you pay for it. When you are buying a game, you want to make a good investment in your money so you only get games you'll really like. When you pirate, rather, you just don't care and get "all the gaems", and only find an odd gem or two every now and again. But that could just be me.

You're really only "chained" when you lose your self-control, so my advice is whether you're buying or pirating a game, just ask yourself "Do I really want it?".

Reactions: Skelletonike

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have never bought a song or album in my life. youtube all day son.. come at me bruh. B-)
That's not illegal dude. This thread talks about torrents, newsgroups, and other illegal pirating methods.

Watching some song on Youtube is legal, as it counts as "fair use". You can check Youtube's TOS about that.
Now, if you use one of those youtube to mp3 websites and convert a youtube song video into a mp3, THAT is illegal.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's not illegal dude.
That's actually not true in 99% of cases, which is why Youtube gets a few trucks of copyright infringement claims and removal requests on a daily basis and why people's videos with copyrighted content go offline. Fair Use doesn't cover blatant copyright infringement or straight-up illegal sharing of media - you can upload your own music and set it to Private if you want to, but if you set the video to Public with the obvious intention of sharing the song, you do so at your own peril.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
media companies are fucking parasites, dont give them another single sheckle ,it wont go to the developers who actually create the content , only to the tribe of monopolistic middle man parasites who control the industry and leech off other people creativity and prey on consumers gullibility

stop being so fucking stupid and naive with your concerns over "piwacy"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up