Indifferenza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys.
I beg your pardon if this has been already asked, but I really can't find the info I'm lookin' for.
I have Pikmin PAL, which I'm about to use in a softmodded PAL Wii.
I checked the Compatiblity list, and I found that playing it normally, after 10 minutes it gives a disc read error.
I also read that a decrypted version of the same ISO works flawlessy.

My question is:
What I have to do to decrypt the ISO?

Thanks again guys.
See ya.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who wrote that the game gets a disc read error after 10 minutes? If you don't even get the info if this is a random error(BAD BURN!!!) or a reproducable error, i wouldn't trust this information.

Indifferenza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well thanks guys, i read the other 2 threads but they seems to be concerning NTSC users more than PAL ones.
And Wiipower, I dunno who wrote it, I just know the compatibility list says that, says exactly what i told ya.
I even doubt i have the 002 fix, and since I'm here, do you think the game gonna work without that?
Otherwise I already got the gamma with 002 fix dol, I think I'm gonna try with that.
Thanks again.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works just fine; I'm playing it with no errors whatsoever. The person who got a read error simply had a bad burn, and as a result, mucked up the wiki. When are people going to realize that a disc read error is NOT a compatibility issue?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well a disc read error at a reprocuable location with different burns is a compatibility issue. Random errors are not.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not read about a 002 error with this, just that it's not working on NTSC consoles. I read this on 3 different sites.
So PAL unit just burn and play!

Edit: I have it too [Wii] Pikmin [PAL] been trying off and on for about 3 hours had to give it a rest. The NTSC version is suppose to be release in March on the 9.

Indifferenza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Many thanks guys.
smile.gif

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gamma gives me various read errors, and if i try to show it on the disc channel wih gamma, i get a "an error has occurred .... etc" error

also the ios is showing as zero, never seen that before :S

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
james4204 said:
gamma gives me various read errors, and if i try to show it on the disc channel wih gamma, i get a "an error has occurred .... etc" error

What do you mean by "the ios is showing as zero"?

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
james4204 said:

if i run ios patcher 1.1 by waninkoko
it says "@ current IOS version@ 0 (ios0)"

normally it shows 32, 33 or somewere near that for recent games, this shows it needs zero !?!? unless im totally worng!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
james4204 said:
WiiPower said:
james4204 said:

if i run ios patcher 1.1 by waninkoko
it says "@ current IOS version@ 0 (ios0)"

normally it shows 32, 33 or somewere near that for recent games, this shows it needs zero !?!? unless im totally worng!

I guess the structure of the tmd is changed, but still inside nintendo's definition. That means the IOS Version patcher needs an update for this game. I think it will break the game if you touch it with the IOS Version patcher if it shows 0.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just got the PIKMIN and mine says in IOSVersionPatcher_1.1 @ IOS33, your copy it is either a bad dump, or try to change to IOS33

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
I just got the PIKMIN and mine says in IOSVersionPatcher_1.1 @ IOS33, your copy it is either a bad dump, or try to change to IOS33

Well then the tmd format is the same as for all other games, and a 0 there means it's a bad dump. If you change something with the IOS Version patcher more than this 1 byte is changed.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well now I know what it is, I tryed several attemps and the game don't like to be forced to any other video out of PAL, so if the preloader hack "Force Disc Settings" worked, we (NTSC users) would be complaining about this anymore
mad.gif

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
i've just tested the pikmin pal version WS_pikmin_pal_multi5 in waninkoko's ios patcher 1.1 and it says the current ios version is (ios33)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
Well now I know what it is, I tryed several attemps and the game don't like to be forced to any other video out of PAL, so if the preloader hack "Force Disc Settings" worked, we (NTSC users) would be complaining about this anymore
mad.gif

Well did you look at the video modes in the main.dol? Didn't you notice someting suspicious?

PS: @fiddlefaddle22: Do you have some games you get to work but only with wrong colors? If yes, feel free to PM me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!