Hacking Pikmin 2 on Wii without a DVD Burner or Component Cables?

gigasguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've mostly been going through USB Loader, but the most I can come up with is black and white. I want to play Pikmin 2 the way it was meant to be played, preferably the remake on the Wii, but I can deal with using a Gamecube controller as well. Problem is I don't have component cables for the Pal-Only game or a disc burner for the Gamecube backups.
Is there a combination of settings in USB Loader for Pikmin 2 that works now? Or is there any way I can play Gamecube games off of my SDHC Card or USB Drive? Help would be appreciated!

gigasguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably end up getting the cables. How do I know they'll work on my TV? And how does it help other than allowing me to play Pikmin 2?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gigasguy said:
I'll probably end up getting the cables. How do I know they'll work on my TV? And how does it help other than allowing me to play Pikmin 2?
Does your TV have component input? If so, then it'll work. Then, apparently, they give a sharper image than the standard cables.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the setup that allows me to play Pikmin 2 Wii on NTSC Wii and TV without PAL support:

1. SM 4.3U and use 480P screen resolution choice for Wii (EDTV or HDTV choice in Wii setting menu)
2. UNEEK + DI r162 (turn both MotionPlus video and Video mode patch on in the UNEEK setting menu)
3. Component Cable

Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff