Pikmin 2 on Wii without a DVD Burner or Component Cables?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gigasguy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. gigasguy
    OP

Newcomer gigasguy Member

United States
    I've mostly been going through USB Loader, but the most I can come up with is black and white. I want to play Pikmin 2 the way it was meant to be played, preferably the remake on the Wii, but I can deal with using a Gamecube controller as well. Problem is I don't have component cables for the Pal-Only game or a disc burner for the Gamecube backups.
    Is there a combination of settings in USB Loader for Pikmin 2 that works now? Or is there any way I can play Gamecube games off of my SDHC Card or USB Drive? Help would be appreciated!

2. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the npc version works fine on usb loader. but you can't force ntsc. just buy a cable, they are like 5 bucks.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
  4. gigasguy
    OP

Newcomer gigasguy Member

United States
    I'll probably end up getting the cables. How do I know they'll work on my TV? And how does it help other than allowing me to play Pikmin 2?

5. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Does your TV have component input? If so, then it'll work. Then, apparently, they give a sharper image than the standard cables.

6. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    Here is the setup that allows me to play Pikmin 2 Wii on NTSC Wii and TV without PAL support:

1. SM 4.3U and use 480P screen resolution choice for Wii (EDTV or HDTV choice in Wii setting menu)
    2. UNEEK + DI r162 (turn both MotionPlus video and Video mode patch on in the UNEEK setting menu)
    3. Component Cable

Hope that helps.

7. F. Lobot

Member F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there any solution for us old farts still playing on CRT TVs?