Pikachu returns, but Ash doesn't, in the new Pokemon anime series

Ash and Pikachu have been retired as the protagonists of the Pokemon anime series, but life goes on, with the introduction of a pair of new stars. Liko and Roy have been revealed as the new heroes of the show, accompanied by the Paldea region starters of Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco. That's not all, though, because there will be a third person accompanying the duo on their journey: Professor Friede, and his partner, Captain Pikachu. While the anime is trying to spice things up, the official Pokemon mascot will still be a part of the main cast, even if it's a different Pikachu, now sporting a hat to differentiate itself from the animated Pikachu we all know and love.

The new Pokemon animated series will begin airing on April 14th in Japan, and will presumably hit the west not too long after.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to be weird to see "Captain Pikachu" everywhere, if it sticks. Surprise they didn't do Eevee. I would have preferred it being Ash's Pikachu. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually change the surrounding characters, at some point, like they did for Ash.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When nintendo keep recycling the same shit over and over, then decide to make a change, why is it meaningless shit they come up with as if to say this idea re innovates the franchise....

Same said about Breath of the Dog, then its very long delayed DLC or should I say sequel that doesn't show any inspiration (but the fanboys will demand it to be a masterpiece.... yeah of dog shit lol).

Pokemon series to no longer have Ash, I'd laugh as my 9 year old said when he found out, who gives a shit...... sorry dad I said a bad word.

My son was a massive nintendo geek, loved everything nintendo, but as he sees the same when it comes to nintendo, its games are the same thing over and over and tho he is still a pokemon fan, he shares the same view.

Pokemon was miles better when I was younger than what they crap out these days, he would laugh how they dont resemble anything anymore as if a computer app just randomly generated a design based on key words they enter.

He also was put off no thanks to the switch with all the crap they shat out just for the sake of it, I think the one pokemon game he has actually enjoyed was the GBA remake.

And I guess I can't argue with the kid, when it comes to nintendo, they seem stale, boring, repetitive and when they try make changes, for example making Zelda an open world RPG type of game, it completely fails at what so many have already been there, done that and done a far better job at it.

So Ash is to leave pokemon, like anyone cares, as if this is to claim to take the show in a new direction or do something new..... nope, still be the same old, won't come up with anything actually worthwhile, just means the voice actor probably wants to call it a day.

Or the actor wants better pay and nintendo refuse to pay (ok, first one seems more likely). But we all know how cheap nintendo are and if we forget the hardware for a moment, they still refuse to cough up the money to pay for vocal actors to provide vocal dialogue in their games and stick to having to read everything like we did back in the 80s.

And no, this isn't to get gamers into reading, if I wanted to read then I'd read a book or put subtitles on, this is far from their BS excuse that it allows the gamer to aparently create their own idea/style for how each character sounds.

We all know for a fact (unless your "special") that by default when anyone reads and as if they're to speak, they do so in their head, that they do so in their own voice as if they're reading it aloud.

The only reason nintendo refuses to put vocal acting in its games is to make its games even cheaper to make, thus having higher profit in sales.

And this as said many times is also why they intentionally release its new consoles with cheap nasty old/inferior hardware, so its third party devs can't release its fresh new titles thus giving its same old cheap recycled titles next to no competition when it comes to sales and ensures its games will sell more copies.

Exactly why we never or very rarely ever see nintendo console adverts on TV, promoting third party titles, even years after the console has launched. We will still see nintendo adverts advertising the same old games like Mario kart.

Another piss take and perfect example of recycling the same shit, hey buy our new console to play the games you already have. Years later lets advertise that you can now get new content you expected to get when buying a new game, but no, we are going to take the piss and force you to pay even more if you want new content... sorry but not sorry.

So what exactly is the point in buying a NEW console if all your going to get is half assed games with nothing to do really, or buy the same shit you already own then pay even more for new content.....

The fact that nintendo still haven't caught up with todays basic standards, its so called online features were none existent at launch, then later arrived and as a so called package for subscribing like other platforms, as a thanks and reward for its customers, that offer free games....

Ohh fuck me, yet again we are shown how cheap nintendo are, while others provide actual games that are current, Nintendo's way of giving back to its gamers is, here you go, here is some more old cheap crap for you.

No, we will not pay up to offer you anything that's recent or of this console at all, we will force you to pay for even more old shit, again that you either already own or can fucking emulate for fuck all and it do a better job at doing so than anything we are going to offer you, but still, we expect you to pay for this shit if you want to play online.

I cant understand it at all, I mean, how the fuck do nintendo get away with this utter buggery and its fanboys blindly defend them, when at the same time, other platforms will be slated and rightfully so.

Nintendo clearly know its fans are one very special bread and that they can intentionally take the piss and continue releasing cheap inferior crap consoles and recycling the same repetitive games because it has such a blind loyal fanbase that they'll all rush to buy it and they sit back laughing at how easy it is and it pretty much prints money for them.

Ohh, they'll throw out the same old pathetic lie that they are sorry its previous console lacked the quality third party support, but we promise this time, our new or should I say next console, we will do a better job.

What that means and all it ever means is, all these wonderful third party games you didnt get to play first time round...... well here you go, years later, you can enjoy paying full price if not more (depending on that consoles game rrp).

But don't be silly and go expecting anything new that third parties are currently releasing, we won't allow that as it will mean our recycled shit will have competition and we will not tolerate it at all.

It has got that bad that their loyal sheep do the usual and contradict yet again, especially when it comes to the likes of actual next gen console games costing more, nintendo knows they can get away with increasing its shitty switch titles even more, putting them in line with the "actual" next gen games.

And you can see the fanboys already slating the other platforms for its game prices going up, but then contradict when it comes to nintendo by pointing out this fuckery but then defend by saying but ohh well, it's Zelda and I like Zelda, so I will happily buy it at launch.....

How the fuck nintendo can even think that they can get away with increasing its shitty game prices when your not getting anything better, you are still going to get another shitty nintendo title that likely will struggle to run on its own hardware, will have frame issues, low resolution and highly likely not be on the already expensive game cartridge and will force you to download the game.

thus paying even more for an sd card to cover the consoles game installs as yet again nintendo proved their cheapness by giving you pretty much fuck all in means of internal storage. Here is our new console, but if you plan on playing more than one or two games then you better pay up.

Same can be said about its media format, they dont care because they know its own shitty games are small and will fit, or force it as a download.

But if third parties will require larger storage then they have to foot the bill to buy larger and more expensive carts in order to store the game, or, force it as a download.

I just can't wait to see the announcement for its next console, can already predict it to be another cheap nasty inferior machine, likely subpar to the PS4/XB1 with some BS gimmick..... if not a steamdeck like clone.

And again likely promise of better third party support aka all the old titles they failed to get first time round.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Do they explain what happened to Ash? They killed him and ate him?
Or did he just grow up, get married, run into mortgage debt, then his wife left him, and he was also fired from his job and now attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings?

Reactions: f3rr3t

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do they explain what happened to Ash? They killed him and ate him?
Or did he just grow up, get married, run into mortgage debt, then his wife left him, and he was also fired from his job and now attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings?
he went to the top of mt silver

The3DSWannabeBoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect after a season or two, they will bring Ash back with a bunch of fanfare and stuff. The anime directors are already saying Ash will be back in someway or another and he'll be 10 forever.

Yokai watch tried to shift protagonists, and eventually brought back Keita in a soft reboot, which is way more popular than darkside.
Digimon's original digidestined are back with a remake series, and remake remake movies coming soon.

The american comicbook industry is full of stuff like this, and they usually always have to bring back the original characters.

Ash and HIS pikachu are just too iconic, and larger than life at this point.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'm serious
I am still kind of a noob I guess even though I've been on this site since april of last year or something (i bet flame doesnt know who i am :))
Your profile says you joined on february 7th 2023

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, Roy looks some kind of discount Ash, Liko as protagonist could have worked I guess. My problem with this is that they don't really seem to do much with the characters and it feels more like the times when there was a new region and Misty got swapped for May, nothing really groundbreaking.
I would have hoped for maybe an older protagonist with another goal which required him to do the typical stuff, or maybe some kind of underdog story. If anything it looks like more of the same.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The announcement that Ash was being retired was made a while ago, and I'm happy about it. Hopefully they'll take this opportunity to change up the plot because it was the same thing episode after episode and it got old pretty quick.

I wonder if Captain Pikachu is going to be the next movie after Detective Pikachu. Could be a hint.

I honestly think they need to retire Pikachu as the mascot for the entire series, though. There are so many better Pokemon and I'm just getting sick of seeing Pikachu prominently featured in every single piece of media, and in all the advertising. Still the only Pokemon that got a proper voice in the games, for some reason.
I don't think anybody cares about Pikachu as much as Nintendo thinks they do, so getting a new mascot wouldn't be a big loss for anyone.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You're severely out of touch, Ash is officially the strongest trainer in the world at this point.
Only after 20 something years of hap-hazardly being in the wrong place at the right time. The first year of his journey he got his stupid ass turned to stone, lol.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still holding out for a Time skip and Liko being Satoshi's daughter (I bet you that kiss from Serena was forshadowing on who his waifu is Roy reminds me of Goh from last season possible him and Chloe got together

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's known as "nostalgia".

Kalos, Alola and Journeys' series have been very good.

Before Kalos, it was really "meh" in everything. Animation improved a lot, not sure if they changed animation studio.
i watched like 30 journey episodes and didnt like it at all, it had no plot, it followed no story it was choose a random region on episode and solve a random problem...

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i watched like 30 journey episodes and didnt like it at all, it had no plot, it followed no story it was choose a random region on episode and solve a random problem...
It's better than old style of following nearly exact a game layout for towns and gym leaders. I always found it boring how they advanced just like in the games. You already knew what was happening next if you played the games.

You never knew what's next in Journeys, and that felt great for something as big as Pokémon, with many 'mons existing by now.

There are arcs here and there that were nearly on point with Sword and Shield, like the Eternatus arc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...